6693Women in Hockey (cont) at the YMCA

  • Sean R. Avent
    Sep 9 11:10 PM

      And to continue the thread of women in hockey…. And add other news…

      Remember that the Presidio YMCA has allotted us another time slot on Wednesdays from 8:30 to 10pm!!!!!!

      We are reserving this spot currently for beginning players (generally those that haven’t attended a tournament) but also for YMCA members that may be up for a slower and smaller game (think skill development). I have thought about, and am still considering the idea of having a women’s night on one or two Wednesday nights per month, but we’d have to have regular full attendance by women to keep it. If you are a women interested in a women’s only night, let me know your level of interest and commitment. Right now though, it’s a co-ed beginner night and will be coached by men and women.

      Friday nights at the YMCA are being upgraded to an open night with a faster game.  Come one, come all!  Have fun and be sure to come early to soak in the hot tub before play.

      For those that are turned off by the $12 entry fee per night, consider becoming a YMCA member ($60 per month) so that you have full access to Wed and Fri night hockey and all the other YMCA benefits (spin classes, masters swimming, yoga, weights, etc.). Best hockey deal in the Bay Area!

      Any questions?  Give me a call at 415-377-2380.

      Sparky

      From: rgray35711@aim. com
      Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 17:35:08 -0400
      Subject: [clubpuck] Re: Will play for ...

      Keith,

          Let me refer this to the Club Puck community at large.  I am sure something will turn up.
        Keep me posted if anything changes with you team building efforts.