10990Re: [clubpuck] Wrap-up and an "idea".........

  • Scott Tucker
    Jul 31, 2014
      I doubt even that, some of Rhett's go back to Ohlone I'm sure.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jul 31, 2014, at 1:52 PM, "Dan McKinley danmck@... [clubpuck]" <clubpuck@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Then you may also be first at something. Oldest deadbeat. The Goze knows.
      At 01:35 PM 7/31/2014, Scott Tucker well_iam_king@... [clubpuck] wrote:

      I will not doubt the Goze but I do have a question. When did I play that suddenly got me on the list?  Not even considering my ruptured Achilles that has kept me from practice up here in the north eh?, I don't think I've been to a club puck practice since the move from San Jose state.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jul 31, 2014, at 12:27 PM, "Rich Gray RGray35711@... [clubpuck]" <clubpuck@yahoogroups.com > wrote:

      Sorry, nothing funny.............. it's too hot to be funny........... well maybe mildly humorous would work.

      We had a perfect hockey square last night 6 on 6.  It was warm, both in the water and on the deck.

      It was one of those nights where everybody felt they did pretty well, no arguments, and afterwards people were loathe to go home too quickly because it was fun to just hang for a while.

      We had a new guy named Cyrus (Cylus?) last night.  That guy was a natural, good speed underwater, did not try to swim with his hands like so many newcomers do (like I still do).

      I hardly had any leg cramps last night.  Is that a function of the warm water i.e. too lazy to work hard enough to make my legs cramp.

      Hey I've got an idea, we could do a show!  Johnny's Dad has a barn we can use and it would be great...........

      No, wait ... that was a Judy Garland/Andy Rooney movie.

      I've got another idea!  The hockey finances are stable at the moment and we have been getting good turnouts.  Let's try this:

      Once you pay up any outstanding balance that you have, all hockey at LGHS will be $5.00 per car.  If you continue to add to your balance you will accrue at $10 per session.  This way I can get people to pay up their outstanding balances and encourage car pooling.  Also for people for whom $10.00 and a long drive might dissuade them from hockey, maybe $5.00 and a long drive with a car full of hockey idiots would be more palatable.  Let's try it and see what happens.

       If we start riding the freight train to financial insolvency we can modify the policy.

      Also try hard to step out of character and not be a bunch of dicks by trying to game the system i.e. park at the 7/11 and then jam 20 people into a Ford Pinto or whatever.  This is a good deal and the hockey has been great, let's keep it going!

      (For those of you who are offended by the term "hockey idiots" first of all please "Grow a Pair and Deal with it" and secondly realize that I count myself among you.)

      (For those of you who are offended by the term "bunch of dicks" please watch 22 Jump Street and anything outrageous that I write will pale in comparison.)

      That's How Goze goes,

      Goze

      Here is the list from the aluminum box of shame.  If you feel there is a mistake (as if Goze EVER makes mistakes)  please schedule an appointment with the team CFO and we can go over the records.  Plus means you owe, minus means you've got money in the hockey bank.

      Prev

      7/31/2014
      Andre 6
      Ben Phipps 8.5
      Bob Burres -1
      Brigit Grimm 9.5
      Carlos Jaramillo 10.5
      Carolyn Erdman 5
      Casey Nakamura 5.5
      Chris Schultz 0
      Dave Mcgaughy 13
      David Quiec -15
      Jen Wu 0.5
      Jennifer Smith 14.5
      John Roelofs 2
      Karl Nordhoff 0
      Ken Kelsen 13
      Lyndon Rive 5
      Maddy Rive 3.5
      Martin V 10.5
      Mike Grimm -1
      Mike Hurtado 0.5
      Mike Smith 1
      Miles Ho 6.5
      Oren Levy -3
      Rhett Perkins 18.5
      Rich Gray -2
      Rob Hennesey 15.5
      Ron -1.5
      Terry Sutton 3
      Theo -8
      Wendy Okafuji 3
      Yori Huynh 0
      Zack 3

      7/31/2014
      Amy Canon 4
      Bobby -1
      Clark -1
      Curtis Lomax 2
      Dean Dibble 1
      Derek Dunlap -2
      Elaine Willoughby 2
      Frankie 3
      Greg Appling 4
      Helen Chadd 2
      John / Chopper 3.5
      John Fischer -0.5
      John Goodrich 1
      John Pollard -4
      John Wagner 1
      Josh Nickel 1.5
      Karen McDowell 1
      Lorna -2
      Maeva 4
      Mark Voelker 1
      Mary Jo Ferris -2.5
      Matt Blair 2.5
      Nick (SF) 1
      Pete Taylor -1
      Renaud -1
      Ricky -3
      Rob Harvey 1
      Rob Pearson 3
      Roxanne Rust -2
      Scott Semans 2.5
      Scott Tucker 1
      Seda 2
      Steve Shephard 1

      7/31/2014
      Aaron Robinson 11.5
      Aleta Jamora 1
      Alyssa 2
      Christopher 1
      Dimitri -1
      Duy Vo -13.5
      Elissa 1
      Jorge 1
      Jose 1
      Mike Torchia 4
      Sonia -2
      Stripe 6
      Leah 1
      Eric Clapper 6
      Philip Cinq Mers 0
      Maria R Blanchet 2
      Leslie 1
      Wanda 1
      Eric G 3

      Posted by: Dan McKinley <danmck@...>

      Did You Know?
      Learn all about Conversations within groups

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic