10981Re: [clubpuck] Sunday Hockey Extravaganza

  • Rich Gray
    Jul 28, 2014
      Thanks Bob!  Duly recorded.

      From: Bob Burres bob_burres@... [clubpuck] <clubpuck@yahoogroups.com>
      To: Club Puck <clubpuck@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sun, Jul 27, 2014 9:43 pm
      Subject: [clubpuck] Sunday Hockey Extravaganza

      Who'd of guessed, another glorious day of hockey in sunny Los Gatos.  Evidently quite a few people thought it sounded like a good idea.  The great news is that we had 21 folks wander in for some fun in the sun.  The bad new is that many people just sort of wandered in at various random times.  We picked teams and then had to adjust teams 3 or 4 times just at the beginning of play to accommodate new people showing up.  And then we had to make another adjustment after the first strike.  In short, the beginning of play was clusterfkcu.

      At the end of the game I heard one person comment, "gee practice went really fast."  Yes it does.  We all want to play more and the only way to do that is to start earlier.  Let's all make a commitment to get to practice on time, and then help set up and get in the water quickly.  Da Man dings you for $10 whether you play for 60 minutes or 90 minutes.

      Here's the list of folks who came to participate in our abbreviated practice.

      David
      Josh, Yes that Josh.
      Lyndon
      Bob
      Ken
      Leslie
      Bobby
      Uncle T
      Andrei

      Yori
      Dave
      Rhett
      Carlos
      Eric
      Rob
      Jenn Wu
      Oren
      Zack

      And...Chris Schultz even showed up with her niece and they ran a few puck drills and watched the scrimmage.  We may be getting another new player soon.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic