10334Surf Day!

  • Miles
    Aug 3, 2013
      Hi all,

      Just a reminder that Surf Day is coming up next Saturday (8/10). A clarification on the time: the paddle board rental shop opens at 11:00am, but the park opens earlier (8:00am I believe). So you can go there earlier, just be ready to be there by 11:00am if you want to paddle board. I'll be there around 10:00am.

      Let's meet in near the park benches around 10:30am just pass the boat ramp. I believe we'll have the a bbq going as needed, so feel free to bring something to throw on the grill.

      Great news... by our good fortune the After Party will be held at the beautiful Gray Manor!!!

      Please doodle your choices so we can get a rough count. This will help with the rental and food accommodations. (Note: the time for the After Party is a best estimate)

      http://www.doodle.com/wbskpbh9egxp35iy

      Gray Manor
      18900 Aspesi Drive
      Saratoga, CA 95070

      Come join the fun. See you there.

      Aloha,
      Miles

      On Sunday, July 14, 2013, Miles <miles001@...> wrote:
      > Hello all,
      >
      > Well summer is here, and it's time for another SURF DAY!
      >
      > This year will be a little different.  Instead of a riding waves, we'll be doing another something similar... Stand Up Paddle boarding (SUP)!
      >
      > We'll be able to rent the boards at the park and it sounds like they have a number of them (about a dozen), but here's the best part... we can rent the boards all the way till 1:00PM for FREE!!!  You may rent the boards beyond 1pm, but that will the individual's responsibility to handle the cost ($15 per 1/2 hr, I think).  So get there as soon as the park opens, 11:00AM.
      >
      > Thank you Karl (lifeguard) for making this available to all of us.  (And no, he may no longer use red sticks/caps, or play as a 7th.)
      >
      > Here's the information:
      >
      > Who: YOU
      > What: Stand Up Paddle Boarding
      > When: Saturday, August 10, 2013 @ 11:00AM
      > Where: Vascona Lake Park in Los Gatos
      > Why: Because it's fun!
      > How: Be there and find out w/ the rest of us.
      > <http://img.nauticexpo.com/images_ne/photo-g/stand-up-paddle-board-sup-20818-4021526.jpg>
      >

      > <https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScsI1SmgVW3V4dSnaxbxFJny-mKolcdA31zkNi0FAm7Q0rcLuF>
      > <http://www.paddleboarddirect.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/l41.jpg>
      >

      > If I get ambitious enough, I may send out an Evite for this later, but consider yourself cordially invited.
      > Someone please pass this on to the SF hockey list.
      >
      > Come join the fun!
      >
      > PS: If anyone is willing to host an After Party, please email me directly.
      >
      > Aloha,
      > Miles

    • Show all 31 messages in this topic