10255All-Juniors Tournament, England 2014

    Jul 1, 2013
      Please pass the word on to anyone that might have interest--

       Dear United States underwater hockey community,

      Recently, USA Underwater Hockey received an invitation from the British Octopush Association to enter American junior national teams in an all-juniors tournament in August 2014.  The tournament will take place in Newport, Wales, in the United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 20 through Saturday, August 23, 2014.

      The British are seeking to have four divisions at this juniors tournament:  U19 Boys, U19 Girls, U16 Boys, and U16 Girls.  To compete in the U19 divisions, a player would have to be 18 years of age or younger on 1 January 2014; to compete in the U16 divisions, a player would have to be 15 years of age or younger on 1 January 2014.

      At the present time, USA Underwater Hockey is seeking expressions of interest from our junior players and their parents.  We do not have any estimated or projected cost of participation in this tournament at this time.

      Interested juniors and their parents are asked to indicate their interest by email to Paul Wittekind at

      Paul_Wittekind@...

      We will be taking expressions of interest through the upcoming Nationals tournament in July.

      For the Governing Committee,

      Paul Wittekind