Re: Old School hutch

  • moxman_1999
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 16 7:44 PM
      Welcome aboard. here are links to a few places to help with your search.

      http://www.os-bmx.com/forums/index.php

      http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/index.php

      http://nostalgiabmx.com/communityserver/forums/default.aspx

      http://vintagebmx.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

      http://oldroads.com/d_bmx_def.asp

      Good luck on the search! If you need anything feel free to drop me an
      email.

      Jim

      ceo@...
    • Hudgins E
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 16 8:08 PM
        Brian,

        What condition Hutch are you looking for?
        I have a pre serial number/brake bridge stamp Hutch.
        It is rare. I was told that it was Hutch's first
        series frames that were built by Torker back in either
        80' or 81'.

        Regards,
        Earl
        --- donsberg <donsberg@...> wrote:

        > Hey Guys,
        >
        > Just joined your group.
        >
        > I'm hoping someone can help me out. I used to race
        > BMX when i was a
        > young fella - on a Powerlite - and a few of the guys
        > that used to race
        > with me want to get back into it.
        >
        > One of my mates wants a 80's model PK Ripper and i
        > was hoping to get my
        > hands on an 80's model Hutch.
        >
        > Does anyone know where i maight find one for sale?
        >
        > Cheers
        >
        > Bulldog

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • moxman_1999
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 16 8:12 PM
          --- In clubhutch@yahoogroups.com, Hudgins E <lugnutnclutch@...> wrote:

          > Brian,
          >
          > What condition Hutch are you looking for?
          > I have a pre serial number/brake bridge stamp Hutch.
          > It is rare. I was told that it was Hutch's first
          > series frames that were built by Torker back in either
          > 80' or 81'.
          >
          > Regards,
          > Earl

          Earl,

          Torker never made frames for HUTCH. Profile and Thruster ( Speed
          Unlimited ) did though. Does the frame still have the original decals
          intact? Do you have any pics?

          Jim
        • FRANKLIN A KNOWLES

            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 16 9:06 PM
              Jim,

              You're right. I meant Thruster not Torker. It does
              have the original decals but all are faded except one
              (the down tube decal). I believe there is a crack on
              the brake bridge but I'm not sure. It could be stress
              fractures in the chrome. If you have any knowledge
              about this frame let me know. All of the input that
              I've received and the research that I've done since
              I've purchased it is exactly how I've described it.

              I tried e-mailing some photos but I received a message
              stating that I had exceeded the size limit. If you
              have a regular e-mail, I'll send them to you. Thanks.

              Regards,
              Earl
              --- moxman_1999 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

              > --- In clubhutch@yahoogroups.com, Hudgins E
              > <lugnutnclutch@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Brian,
              > >
              > > What condition Hutch are you looking for?
              > > I have a pre serial number/brake bridge stamp
              > Hutch.
              > > It is rare. I was told that it was Hutch's first
              > > series frames that were built by Torker back in
              > either
              > > 80' or 81'.
              > >
              > > Regards,
              > > Earl
              >

              > Earl,
              >
              > Torker never made frames for HUTCH. Profile and
              > Thruster ( Speed
              > Unlimited ) did though. Does the frame still have
              > the original decals
              > intact? Do you have any pics?
              >
              > Jim

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • kurt donsberg

                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 17 7:23 AM
                  How big are you? I am guessing you will need a pro sized frame like a
                  Pro Racer or Judge if you actually intend to race this bike. I have
                  raced a 1985 Hutch Judge for the past 3 years, and I am now
                  considering selling the frame, fork, bars, 2 seat clamps, 1 slightly
                  cut down seat post and a mediun sized 2n1 headlock (all Hutch parts)
                  and will include the headset (odessey) and 2 reproduction Hutch pads
                  (bar & top tube)as a package. I am open to offers over $1000 US plus
                  shipping if it is international.
                  The frame has been re-finished in a gloss black powdercoat. When they
                  did the powdercoating they were a little over zealous in stripping
                  the chrome and created a few tiny pin holes in the toptube. These
                  have not affected the integrity of the frame, as I have raced and
                  jumped the bike for 3 years since. To make the bike perfect I would
                  suggest having it stripped again, have a competent welder fill the
                  pinholes with a bit of brass and refinish it. For a rider/racer I
                  chose to leave them as is so I could inspect them regularly to see if
                  there was any change in them. There has not been.

                  check here for some pix of the bike built up:
                  http://www.drewfusnation.com/1985hutchjudge.htm
                  and here for proof that it is still VERY raceable:
                  http://www.drewfusnation.com/racepix.htm

                  contact me via email drewmonroe(at)hotmaildotcom
                  if you are interested, don't sleep though, I have a local buyer
                  interested in it coming to see it in a week.

                  Drew
                  aka PandaProAm
                  aka Drewfus420

                  --- In clubhutch@yahoogroups.com, kurt donsberg <donsberg@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Franklin, absolutely send some photos thru. I've been blown away
                  by the response. awesome

                  > FRANKLIN A KNOWLES <franklinaknowles@...> wrote: Here's a
                  few pics I have plenty more.

                  > FRANKLIN A KNOWLES <franklinaknowles@...> wrote: I have an early
                  model hutch for sale that was made in the US pre serial number and no
                  drilled front forks. Excellent condition, but some chrome blemishes
                  on the Araya Rims and the Hutch handle bar neck has chips in the
                  chrome. Pictures available if you want to see them.

                  > donsberg <donsberg@...> wrote: Hey Guys,
                  >
                  > Just joined your group.
                  >
                  > I'm hoping someone can help me out. I used to race BMX when i was a
                  > young fella - on a Powerlite - and a few of the guys that used to
                  race
                  > with me want to get back into it.
                  >
                  > One of my mates wants a 80's model PK Ripper and i was hoping to
                  get my
                  > hands on an 80's model Hutch.
                  >
                  > Does anyone know where i maight find one for sale?
                  >
                  > Cheers
                  >
                  > Bulldog

                  http://au.messenger.yahoo.com

                • 70 ChevelleSS
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 17 9:38 AM
                    Anyone have any reproduction hutch pads for sale?
                    I need a neck pad and frame pad.
                    Black with white lettering.
                    cheers

                    On 4/17/07, Drew Monroe <drewmonroe@...> wrote:

                    > How big are you? I am guessing you will need a pro sized frame like a
                    > Pro Racer or Judge if you actually intend to race this bike. I have
                    > raced a 1985 Hutch Judge for the past 3 years, and I am now
                    > considering selling the frame, fork, bars, 2 seat clamps, 1 slightly
                    > cut down seat post and a mediun sized 2n1 headlock (all Hutch parts)
                    > and will include the headset (odessey) and 2 reproduction Hutch pads
                    > (bar & top tube)as a package. I am open to offers over $1000 US plus
                    > shipping if it is international.
                    > The frame has been re-finished in a gloss black powdercoat. When they
                    > did the powdercoating they were a little over zealous in stripping
                    > the chrome and created a few tiny pin holes in the toptube. These
                    > have not affected the integrity of the frame, as I have raced and
                    > jumped the bike for 3 years since. To make the bike perfect I would
                    > suggest having it stripped again, have a competent welder fill the
                    > pinholes with a bit of brass and refinish it. For a rider/racer I
                    > chose to leave them as is so I could inspect them regularly to see if
                    > there was any change in them. There has not been.
                    >
                    > check here for some pix of the bike built up:
                    > http://www.drewfusnation.com/1985hutchjudge.htm
                    > and here for proof that it is still VERY raceable:
                    > http://www.drewfusnation.com/racepix.htm
                    >
                    > contact me via email drewmonroe(at)hotmaildotcom
                    > if you are interested, don't sleep though, I have a local buyer
                    > interested in it coming to see it in a week.
                    >
                    > Drew
                    > aka PandaProAm
                    > aka Drewfus420
                    >
                    > --- In clubhutch@yahoogroups.com, kurt donsberg <donsberg@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hi Franklin, absolutely send some photos thru. I've been blown away
                    > by the response. awesome
                    > >
                    > > FRANKLIN A KNOWLES <franklinaknowles@...> wrote: Here's a
                    > few pics I have plenty more.
                    > >
                    > > FRANKLIN A KNOWLES <franklinaknowles@...> wrote: I have an early
                    > model hutch for sale that was made in the US pre serial number and no
                    > drilled front forks. Excellent condition, but some chrome blemishes
                    > on the Araya Rims and the Hutch handle bar neck has chips in the
                    > chrome. Pictures available if you want to see them.
                    > >
                    > > donsberg <donsberg@...> wrote: Hey Guys,
                    >

                    > > Just joined your group.
                    > >
                    > > I'm hoping someone can help me out. I used to race BMX when i was a
                    > > young fella - on a Powerlite - and a few of the guys that used to
                    > race
                    > > with me want to get back into it.
                    > >
                    > > One of my mates wants a 80's model PK Ripper and i was hoping to
                    > get my
                    > > hands on an 80's model Hutch.
                    > >
                    > > Does anyone know where i maight find one for sale?
                    > >
                    > > Cheers
                    > >
                    > > Bulldog

                    > http://au.messenger.yahoo.com

                  • moxman_1999
                    Message 9 of 14 , May 11, 2007
                      --- In clubhutch@yahoogroups.com, "70 ChevelleSS" <70chevelless@...>
                      wrote:

                      > Anyone have any reproduction hutch pads for sale?
                      > I need a neck pad and frame pad.
                      > Black with white lettering.
                      > cheers

                      Here is a link to reproduction HUTCH pads.

                      http://www.os-bmx.com/shop.html

                      Jim
                    • chrisshaw1
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jun 13, 2007
                        It seems these guys don't make the repros anymore - does ANYONE know
                        where to get a set of Hutch pads (repro or not)?