Re: SUBJECT: Howd'ja do that???

  • AngelPie_Mouse
    Message 1 of 6510 , Aug 31, 2001
      Well, after I sent out the greeting--knowing full
      well you would know where I got it from--I borrowed
      the image. Oh, My Goodness is really one of my
      favorite places for greeting cards. Yahoo!, itself,
      borrows from them extensively. So, I made two copies of
      the picture, resized it to Yahoo! limitation of
      150x150 pixels with a transparent background in Paint
      Shop Pro, altered one copy slightly with punch
      deformation, and added text. I then compiled the graphic using
      Animation Shop 3 which comes in the PSP7 package and added
      a special effect text graphic.<br><br>Paint Shop
      Pro by Jasc is the graphic editor of choice for many
      of us. It is extremely easy to use, has many
      built-in special features, and is priced in the very
      affordable range. Too, the maker allows you a trial version
      as a download of the software before you purchase.
      You can purchase online, by phone (which I
      recommend), or now in some local computer stores. Once you
      become a licensed customer, you are entitled to purchase
      upgrades and newer versions at a substantial discount.
      They let you know when a new version is coming out.
      They have excellent support and a users' chat. And,
      they really do seem to listen to what users want in
      future upgrades.<br><br>If it sounds like I am doing a
      commercial for them, know that this all comes from
      experience with the software over the past half dozen years.
      I only missed purchasing versions 1, 2, and 4. In
      other words, my praise stems from pure satisfaction
      with a quality product. I haven't seen anything near
      as good in either Adobe or Corel Draw (the higher
      priced offerings).<br><br>You can try PSP for yourself
      by obtaining a trial download at
    • angelpie_mouse
      Message 6510 of 6510 , Feb 15, 2002
        Sporadic at best. I don't think any of us got a warning that CFC was
        about to go. In my "A" club, the warning is up now a week later, you
        can read and post but all the data is gone (members list, links,
        photos, calendar, etc.), it still shows as a club and is an "Oops,
        does not exist" in groups. Boy, am I glad I saved everything off.