News and this Saturday at Crab Barn

  • cloud party
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2001
      Like everyone else, we in Cloud Party have been somewhat in shock the last few weeks.  There are no words powerful enough to describe our feelings about recent events, or to somehow ameliorate the feelings of those affected.

      We considered doing some sort of benefit, like many others are doing, but so far, have not have not really found any that we could be inolved in that didn't smack of taking advantage of this tragedy.  So, we've said "no" so far.  But that may change, if we find some show or someway of doing something that we feel would be truly helpful.  Meanwhile, we have been donating what we can in our own way (blood and/or money) and urge everyone else to do the same.

      Like many other entertainers, we've also wondered when it's appropriate to sort of return to "normalcy" again.  I'm not sure it ever is.  But, appropriate or not, music is what we do.

      Anyway, we have been recording the new album, and it will hopefully be available early in 2002.  And, in part because of the situation and in part because of the continued work on recording, we haven't booked many shows lately.  (Recording, for us, is nearly a full-time job.)  In fact, we have just 3 shows (right now) until the winter.  And one is this weekend, so I hope we'll see some of you there.

      THIS SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 29th

      CRAB BARN: 9 PM - Midnight

      CLOUD PARTY UNPLUGGED, INCLUDING THE NEW ALBUM

      This will be the Cloud Party Trio: Mark, Pete and I will be playing without drums or percussion, so it will be laid-back show.  If you're interested in the new material, though, we will be doing a set which essentially consists of the (as-yet-unheard) new album.  Make sure you're there at 9 if you want to hear the new album (in a somewhat bare-bones state).  The rest of the night will be filled with Cloud Party chestnuts.  Anyway, I certainly hope to see you there.  Consider it a gathering of friends in a celebration of music.  Or something like that.

      Oh, this invitation includes youse guys at Y-102 (Nick and Ted--it's even a relatively early night, and you can hear the next CP single!) and all you Albright students and alumni (Liz, Hope, Steph...etc...!!)

      THIS IS A RESTAURANT, SO IT'S AN ALL-AGES SHOW--(A FAMILY EVENT, EVEN)--IF YOU GET SOME DINNER.  And the food at the CB is great.  They don't just serve crabs; they serve everybody.

      For directions to the Crab Barn or any questions, e-mail us at cloudparty@... or call the cloud party line (610) 376-9585.

      --Jim
      Cloud Party