Re: Cloudmakers.org un-suspended

  • Patrick Elliott
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 24 8:00 PM
      --- In cloudmakers@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Hon" <lists@...> wrote:
      > Thanks, and sorry again it's taken so long,
      >
      > Dan

      Great. A torrent would be nicer (just not sure if manageable), for
      anyone that doesn't have broadband. Not to mention even if they do
      (mine has a damn stupid tendency to fubar on me and generate bad
      downloads...) I rightly blame the stupid company I had to go with to
      get it, since they are using DOCSYS 1.0 equipment and 3Mb downstream
      (even for businesses), while most places are 8mb minimum and DOCSYS
      2.0 (which gives part of the speed boost). As a number of people have
      said, cable companies are going down. They can't give the bandwidth,
      the stability, etc., of other systems. Sadly, for me, it was a) a DSL
      company which used to be the original dialup I used, which sucked (3-5
      minutes online, then disconnected, all the time), the company I was
      with, which used wireless, but couldn't get a clean signal for me, and
      these jokers. :(

      But anyway, point is, I don't entirely trust my connection to download
      a big archive, and I know anyone without broadband will be screwed.

      Anyway, guess I was one of the later senders, since I saw nothing
      going on at the site, not even a mention of, "OK, I found his email
      and sent him something about it." Would that have been too much
      people? lol Thanks for the fix.