Worldvision (Early 1994) Logo on "The Doors"

  • Mario
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2011
      I wanted to tell all of you here about this: last night, when I was watching the end credits of the 1991 Oliver Stone "rockumentary" The Doors (a Los Angeles, California-based classic rock band known for such hit songs as "Light My Fire," "Break On Through," "Hello, I Love You" and "Touch Me" among others), starring Val Kilmer as the group's singer Jim Morrison, at the end, there was the rare version of the Worldvision "WHOOSH Globe" logo with the Blockbuster Entertainment ticket logo next to the globe logo.

      Supposedly, this variation had ran through the first half of 1994 and was then replaced by the version where the "A BLOCKBUSTER ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY" byline (which was all text on the earlier 1994 version), which is positioned below that of the Spelling Entertainment byline, has the company's name represented as the ticket logo.

      I understand that this logo appeared because Worldvision (now CBS Television Distribution) had inherited the Carolco Films library as part of a syndie package after Carolco went bust (Orbis Communications was Carolco's syndication arm until their downfall). This film was presented by Carolco Films.

      ~Ben