Paul Pouvillon - Newspaper article Feb. 2, 1955

  • Mark Frank
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2011
    I need some help from anyone who is knowledgeable in French. Attached is a newspaper article concerning a French clockmaker by the name of Paul Pouvillon. I have recently bought his astronomical clock masterpiece and you can see it here: http://www.my-time-machines.net/pouvillon_detail.htm . There are some missing components. While we know, technically how to reproduce these, I am currently trying to find any photographic information of this clock before the death of Mr. Pouvillon in 1969 so we can reproduce them in the manner of the maker.

    Perhaps this newspaper article may help direct me to some source. I have also compiled a biography on all of the information I have on this person to date. Both of these files are uploaded to the Clocksgroup website under a folder titled PAUL POUVILLON.

    My questions are:
    A. Can someone give me a good translation of this newspaper article? I can also provide a much larger file size of this for better clarity if necessary.
    B. Based on the biography can anyone direct me to someone who could search out information based on the biography, perhaps even in Pouvillon's home town. Maybe relatives have photos, maybe the various French academies, from which Pouvillon received awards could. Of course this is all difficult and time-consuming and I am prepared to pay for these services. Anyone interested in this proposition or can direct me to an appropriate 'detective' on the ground in France, please contact me.

    Mark Frank
  • Dave Crucefix
    Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2011

      Mark

      Not sure if this helps just came across it on web, sure you have probably seen it already.

      http://www.christies.com/lotfinder/lot_details.aspx?intObjectID=5279747

      Dave