Cussler in Sahara?

  • Jeff Ursillo
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 5, 2005
      I am not sure but did I see a post on one of the Cussler boards that he
      was somewhere in the movie sahara? I did not think he would seeing as
      how he was unhappy with the script, etc. I remember reading something
      about him being there on the NUMA ship when Eva woke up after Pitt
      saved her. I have watched the scene a few times and didn't see him. Any
      comments??

      Jeff
    • J.B.
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2006
        He's written himself into several of his recent books. An appearance
        in the book doesn't stand out in my mind.

        I looked him up on imdb.com. Clive's only acting credit was for Raise
        the Titanic, where he was an uncredited "Bearded reporter at Sandecker
        press conference".

        http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0193774/

        * JB *

        --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Ursillo"
        <BNMJEFF@...> wrote:

        > I am not sure but did I see a post on one of the Cussler boards that he
        > was somewhere in the movie sahara? I did not think he would seeing as
        > how he was unhappy with the script, etc. I remember reading something
        > about him being there on the NUMA ship when Eva woke up after Pitt
        > saved her. I have watched the scene a few times and didn't see him. Any
        > comments??
        >
        > Jeff

      • yeehawherb
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 4, 2006
          In the book SAHARA he wrote himself in as the guy traveling through
          the desert, i believe also searching for the TEXAS. It's been a while,
          i htink he was the one that turned Pitt onto the search in the book.
          He was cast as the same person in the movie and it was filmed but as a
          result of litigation between him and the studion the scene was cut. As
          well as the opening scene of Kitty Montauk's flight. His daughter had
          the role of kitty, but thatscene was left on the cutting room floor as
          well.