Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Typos in Cussler's books?!

  • lizard_tbone
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2005
      I've caught them as well. Nasty habit. Can't help it. I do some
      editing for an eZine and got the job by accident because when it
      first started and I was pulled on staff, I read one of the articles
      and mentioned the typos and what not that needed to be fixed. It's
      not a major thing, just something here and there, mostly with an
      extra word that shouldn't be there, something simple like 'the', or
      the missing word in a sentence. For some of us, picking out those
      things is a pain, but it has never ruined my enjoyment of reading
      his books. A slip here, a slip there, goes to show he's only human
      like the rest of us.

      ~Lizard~

      --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, John Canning
      <johncanning3@y...> wrote:
      > Typos? Get a life!
      > John Canning
      >
      > Jessica Wood <feetrfun@m...> wrote:
      > I've noticed the typos as well. The main reason I catch them is
      because a
      > good portion of my job is spent proofreading things, so now errors
      are a pet
      > peeve.They haven't ruined my experience though. Most of the ones
      I've seen
      > are when the wrong word is used. Something like pubic instead of
      public. I
      > think a lot of those kind of errors are not caught because your
      brain will
      > just put in the appropriate word like you've never missed a beat.
      Cussler's
      > books are not the worse I've seen though. Just read the Janet
      Evanovich
      > Stephanie Plum series and you will see several in every book.
      >

      > >From: "lasn1man"
      > >To: clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com
      > >Subject: [Clive Cussler fan club] Typos in Cussler's books?!
      > >Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 13:03:04 -0000
      > >

      > >Hi Everyone.
      > >

      > >I have read the following books by Mr. Cussler: Trojan Odyssey,
      > >
      > >Valhalla Rising, Atlantis Found, Flood Tide, Shock Wave, The
      > >
      > >Mediterranean Caper, Iceberg, and Pacific Vortex. I have listed
      these

      > >just to demonstrate that I've read a fair amount of his books to
      make

      > >an observation and I want to pose this question: WHY ARE THERE SO
      MANY

      > >TYPOS!!??
      > >

      > >I really love the books, and in fact I've gone on eBay and Amazon
      and

      > >bought them all (all of the Dirk Pitt books) so that I can read a
      new

      > >one whenever I want; but jeez, I've never, ever- read novels with
      so

      > >many typos. Has anyone else noticed? And of course I don't have
      > >
      > >specific examples ready but they're there. What is the deal?
      > >

      > >I swear I'm not trying to be a smart-aleck, I know I have plenty
      of

      > >typos in my work sometimes, but every novel I've read is chock
      full of

      > >errors, and I wonder why. Does the editor miss them? Is there a
      > >
      > >proof-reader type of person? Does anyone have any observations or
      > >
      > >answers for me?
      > >
      > >Thanks,
      > >
      > >Sean

      > > Literary agent fiction
      > >

      > > Book author
      > >

      > > Clive cussler

      > > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      > >

      > > Visit your group "clivecusslerfanclub" on the web.

      Service.