Re: Polar Shift

  • lizard_tbone
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
      I'm always looking for something else when there's no Cussler book
      to read. I'll have to check this auther out. I have a tough time
      finding authors that I like.

      ~Lizard~

      --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, babaoriely76
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > you should try Jack DeBrul very good in fact he wrote a book with
      CC
      > if you like CC you will like JD
      > baba
      >

      > --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Phillips
      > <j2pphillips@y...> wrote:
      > > I tell you what!! I would never buy Hardcover, but then my wife
      > started buying me the hardcover books for birthday or christmas -
      so
      > now I'm getting more hardcover
      > >
      > > Jeff
      > >
      > > lizard_tbone <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      > > lol, that's funny. I get upset when I didn't know a book had
      come
      > > out and I missed getting the hardcover. Though, half of my
      > > collection is paper back. The new series that came out.. Sacred
      > > Stone and something Buddha, I didn't know about, so I missed the
      > > hardcovers. I searched the net for them. I was able to get one
      > as
      > > a hardcover and it was large print. I'm annoyed by that now.
      > >
      > > ~Lizard~
      > >

      > > --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, BNMJEFF@A... wrote:
      > > > The Austin line is good, and I agree it is the same basic
      > stories
      > > with the
      > > > main characters changed. I get the stories mixed up over all
      the
      > > books Cussler
      > > > has written, so I started re reading Inca Gold again. I am a
      > > little behind,
      > > > as I don't read hardcover books, only paperbacks. Long story
      > > there. So the
      > > > most recent I have read is Lost City. I am waiting for Black
      > Wind
      > > to come out in
      > > > soft cover.
      > > > To show how much I dislike hardcovers, I got tired of waiting
      > for
      > > them to
      > > > publish the DaVinci Code in paperback in the US so I managed
      > > find a softcover
      > > > on Ebay from England!
      > > >
      > > > Jeff

      > Service.

    • Ser Theon Stone
      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 17, 2005
        Here is a book by them both.

        /0425205592/qid=1126957449/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-2762041-5363956?
        v=glance&s=books&n=507846

        On another subject. I tend to enjoy Austin more than Pit. Pit
        being to much dick swagger writing in my opinion.

        A little history I've only tried to read one Pit book and that was
        what I thought of it.. However I've listened to a few unabridged
        Austin books and really enjoyed them. (maybe I'd enjoy the Pit's in
        audio format?)

        I've also seen Sahara in the movies and I'm rethinking reading Pit.
        I enjoyed the movie very much other than the desert plane sailing
        thing.

        Golden Buddha I felt was a bit much for my taste as well. (audio
        tape)

        I'm looking forward to reading and listening more of CC.
      • BNMJEFF@AOL.COM
        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 17, 2005
          I have read all De Brul's books. He is very good, a good stand in for CC in
          a pinch..LOL

          Jeff