Re: Polar Shift

    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
      you should try Jack DeBrul very good in fact he wrote a book with CC
      if you like CC you will like JD
      baba

      --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Phillips
      <j2pphillips@y...> wrote:
      > I tell you what!! I would never buy Hardcover, but then my wife
      started buying me the hardcover books for birthday or christmas - so
      now I'm getting more hardcover

      > Jeff
      >
      > lizard_tbone <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      > lol, that's funny. I get upset when I didn't know a book had come
      > out and I missed getting the hardcover. Though, half of my
      > collection is paper back. The new series that came out.. Sacred
      > Stone and something Buddha, I didn't know about, so I missed the
      > hardcovers. I searched the net for them. I was able to get one
      as
      > a hardcover and it was large print. I'm annoyed by that now.
      >
      > ~Lizard~
      >

      > --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, BNMJEFF@A... wrote:
      > > The Austin line is good, and I agree it is the same basic
      stories
      > with the
      > > main characters changed. I get the stories mixed up over all the
      > books Cussler
      > > has written, so I started re reading Inca Gold again. I am a
      > little behind,
      > > as I don't read hardcover books, only paperbacks. Long story
      > there. So the
      > > most recent I have read is Lost City. I am waiting for Black
      Wind
      > to come out in
      > > soft cover.
      > > To show how much I dislike hardcovers, I got tired of waiting
      for
      > them to
      > > publish the DaVinci Code in paperback in the US so I managed to
      > find a softcover
      > > on Ebay from England!
      > >
      > > Jeff

      Service.

    • lizard_tbone
      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
        I'm always looking for something else when there's no Cussler book
        to read. I'll have to check this auther out. I have a tough time
        finding authors that I like.

        ~Lizard~

        --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, babaoriely76

      • Ser Theon Stone
        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 17, 2005
          Here is a book by them both.

          /0425205592/qid=1126957449/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-2762041-5363956?
          v=glance&s=books&n=507846

          On another subject. I tend to enjoy Austin more than Pit. Pit
          being to much dick swagger writing in my opinion.

          A little history I've only tried to read one Pit book and that was
          what I thought of it.. However I've listened to a few unabridged
          Austin books and really enjoyed them. (maybe I'd enjoy the Pit's in
          audio format?)

          I've also seen Sahara in the movies and I'm rethinking reading Pit.
          I enjoyed the movie very much other than the desert plane sailing
          thing.

          Golden Buddha I felt was a bit much for my taste as well. (audio
          tape)

          I'm looking forward to reading and listening more of CC.
        • BNMJEFF@AOL.COM
          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 17, 2005
            I have read all De Brul's books. He is very good, a good stand in for CC in
            a pinch..LOL

            Jeff