Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Re: Polar Shift

  • Jeff Phillips
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
      I tell you what!! I would never buy Hardcover, but then my wife started buying me the hardcover books for birthday or christmas - so now I'm getting more hardcover

      Jeff

      lizard_tbone <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      lol, that's funny. I get upset when I didn't know a book had come
      out and I missed getting the hardcover. Though, half of my
      collection is paper back. The new series that came out.. Sacred
      Stone and something Buddha, I didn't know about, so I missed the
      hardcovers. I searched the net for them. I was able to get one as
      a hardcover and it was large print. I'm annoyed by that now.

      ~Lizard~

      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
        you should try Jack DeBrul very good in fact he wrote a book with CC
        if you like CC you will like JD
        baba

        --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Phillips
        <j2pphillips@y...> wrote:
        > I tell you what!! I would never buy Hardcover, but then my wife
        started buying me the hardcover books for birthday or christmas - so
        now I'm getting more hardcover

        > Jeff
        >
        > lizard_tbone <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        > lol, that's funny. I get upset when I didn't know a book had come
        > out and I missed getting the hardcover. Though, half of my
        > collection is paper back. The new series that came out.. Sacred
        > Stone and something Buddha, I didn't know about, so I missed the
        > hardcovers. I searched the net for them. I was able to get one
        as
        > a hardcover and it was large print. I'm annoyed by that now.
        >
        > ~Lizard~
        >

        > --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, BNMJEFF@A... wrote:
        > > The Austin line is good, and I agree it is the same basic
        stories
        > with the
        > > main characters changed. I get the stories mixed up over all the
        > books Cussler
        > > has written, so I started re reading Inca Gold again. I am a
        > little behind,
        > > as I don't read hardcover books, only paperbacks. Long story
        > there. So the
        > > most recent I have read is Lost City. I am waiting for Black
        Wind
        > to come out in
        > > soft cover.
        > > To show how much I dislike hardcovers, I got tired of waiting
        for
        > them to
        > > publish the DaVinci Code in paperback in the US so I managed to
        > find a softcover
        > > on Ebay from England!
        > >
        > > Jeff

        Service.

      • lizard_tbone
        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
          I'm always looking for something else when there's no Cussler book
          to read. I'll have to check this auther out. I have a tough time
          finding authors that I like.

          ~Lizard~

          --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, babaoriely76

        • Ser Theon Stone
          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 17, 2005
            Here is a book by them both.

            /0425205592/qid=1126957449/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-2762041-5363956?
            v=glance&s=books&n=507846

            On another subject. I tend to enjoy Austin more than Pit. Pit
            being to much dick swagger writing in my opinion.

            A little history I've only tried to read one Pit book and that was
            what I thought of it.. However I've listened to a few unabridged
            Austin books and really enjoyed them. (maybe I'd enjoy the Pit's in
            audio format?)

            I've also seen Sahara in the movies and I'm rethinking reading Pit.
            I enjoyed the movie very much other than the desert plane sailing
            thing.

            Golden Buddha I felt was a bit much for my taste as well. (audio
            tape)

            I'm looking forward to reading and listening more of CC.
          • BNMJEFF@AOL.COM
            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 17, 2005
              I have read all De Brul's books. He is very good, a good stand in for CC in
              a pinch..LOL

              Jeff