Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Re: Polar Shift

  • BNMJEFF@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
      I have always had an aversion to hard covers. They are expensive and hard to
      read when you read at lunch as I mostly do. Plus when I read at night I hold
      the book over my head and look up at it. I have dozed off a few times and
      cracked myself in the head, and THAT is the main reason i don't read
      hardcovers..LOL

      A little off topic here, but has anyone read Jack Du Brul
      (Spelling?)...similar to Pitt, just a geologist as opposed to an oceanographer.

      Jeff

    • Jeff Phillips
      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
        I tell you what!! I would never buy Hardcover, but then my wife started buying me the hardcover books for birthday or christmas - so now I'm getting more hardcover

        Jeff

        lizard_tbone <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        lol, that's funny. I get upset when I didn't know a book had come
        out and I missed getting the hardcover. Though, half of my
        collection is paper back. The new series that came out.. Sacred
        Stone and something Buddha, I didn't know about, so I missed the
        hardcovers. I searched the net for them. I was able to get one as
        a hardcover and it was large print. I'm annoyed by that now.

        ~Lizard~

        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
          you should try Jack DeBrul very good in fact he wrote a book with CC
          if you like CC you will like JD
          baba

          --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Phillips
          <j2pphillips@y...> wrote:
          > I tell you what!! I would never buy Hardcover, but then my wife
          started buying me the hardcover books for birthday or christmas - so
          now I'm getting more hardcover

          > Jeff
          >
          > lizard_tbone <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
          > lol, that's funny. I get upset when I didn't know a book had come
          > out and I missed getting the hardcover. Though, half of my
          > collection is paper back. The new series that came out.. Sacred
          > Stone and something Buddha, I didn't know about, so I missed the
          > hardcovers. I searched the net for them. I was able to get one
          as
          > a hardcover and it was large print. I'm annoyed by that now.
          >
          > ~Lizard~
          >

          > --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, BNMJEFF@A... wrote:
          > > The Austin line is good, and I agree it is the same basic
          stories
          > with the
          > > main characters changed. I get the stories mixed up over all the
          > books Cussler
          > > has written, so I started re reading Inca Gold again. I am a
          > little behind,
          > > as I don't read hardcover books, only paperbacks. Long story
          > there. So the
          > > most recent I have read is Lost City. I am waiting for Black
          Wind
          > to come out in
          > > soft cover.
          > > To show how much I dislike hardcovers, I got tired of waiting
          for
          > them to
          > > publish the DaVinci Code in paperback in the US so I managed to
          > find a softcover
          > > on Ebay from England!
          > >
          > > Jeff

          Service.

        • lizard_tbone
          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
            I'm always looking for something else when there's no Cussler book
            to read. I'll have to check this auther out. I have a tough time
            finding authors that I like.

            ~Lizard~

            --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, babaoriely76

          • Ser Theon Stone
            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 17, 2005
              Here is a book by them both.

              /0425205592/qid=1126957449/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-2762041-5363956?
              v=glance&s=books&n=507846

              On another subject. I tend to enjoy Austin more than Pit. Pit
              being to much dick swagger writing in my opinion.

              A little history I've only tried to read one Pit book and that was
              what I thought of it.. However I've listened to a few unabridged
              Austin books and really enjoyed them. (maybe I'd enjoy the Pit's in
              audio format?)

              I've also seen Sahara in the movies and I'm rethinking reading Pit.
              I enjoyed the movie very much other than the desert plane sailing
              thing.

              Golden Buddha I felt was a bit much for my taste as well. (audio
              tape)

              I'm looking forward to reading and listening more of CC.
            • BNMJEFF@AOL.COM
              Message 6 of 19 , Sep 17, 2005
                I have read all De Brul's books. He is very good, a good stand in for CC in
                a pinch..LOL

                Jeff