[Clive Cussler fan club] Re: Polar Shift

  • lizard_tbone
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
      lol, that's funny. I get upset when I didn't know a book had come
      out and I missed getting the hardcover. Though, half of my
      collection is paper back. The new series that came out.. Sacred
      Stone and something Buddha, I didn't know about, so I missed the
      hardcovers. I searched the net for them. I was able to get one as
      a hardcover and it was large print. I'm annoyed by that now.

      ~Lizard~

    • BNMJEFF@AOL.COM
      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
        I have always had an aversion to hard covers. They are expensive and hard to
        read when you read at lunch as I mostly do. Plus when I read at night I hold
        the book over my head and look up at it. I have dozed off a few times and
        cracked myself in the head, and THAT is the main reason i don't read
        hardcovers..LOL

        A little off topic here, but has anyone read Jack Du Brul
        (Spelling?)...similar to Pitt, just a geologist as opposed to an oceanographer.

        Jeff

      • Jeff Phillips
        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
          I tell you what!! I would never buy Hardcover, but then my wife started buying me the hardcover books for birthday or christmas - so now I'm getting more hardcover

          Jeff

          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
            you should try Jack DeBrul very good in fact he wrote a book with CC
            if you like CC you will like JD
            baba

            --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Phillips
            <j2pphillips@y...> wrote:
            > I tell you what!! I would never buy Hardcover, but then my wife
            started buying me the hardcover books for birthday or christmas - so
            now I'm getting more hardcover

            > Jeff
            >
            > lizard_tbone <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
            > lol, that's funny. I get upset when I didn't know a book had come
            > out and I missed getting the hardcover. Though, half of my
            > collection is paper back. The new series that came out.. Sacred
            > Stone and something Buddha, I didn't know about, so I missed the
            > hardcovers. I searched the net for them. I was able to get one
            as
            > a hardcover and it was large print. I'm annoyed by that now.
            >
            > ~Lizard~
            >

            > --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, BNMJEFF@A... wrote:
            > > The Austin line is good, and I agree it is the same basic
            stories
            > with the
            > > main characters changed. I get the stories mixed up over all the
            > books Cussler
            > > has written, so I started re reading Inca Gold again. I am a
            > little behind,
            > > as I don't read hardcover books, only paperbacks. Long story
            > there. So the
            > > most recent I have read is Lost City. I am waiting for Black
            Wind
            > to come out in
            > > soft cover.
            > > To show how much I dislike hardcovers, I got tired of waiting
            for
            > them to
            > > publish the DaVinci Code in paperback in the US so I managed to
            > find a softcover
            > > on Ebay from England!
            > >
            > > Jeff

            Service.

          • lizard_tbone
            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
              I'm always looking for something else when there's no Cussler book
              to read. I'll have to check this auther out. I have a tough time
              finding authors that I like.

              ~Lizard~

              --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, babaoriely76

            • Ser Theon Stone
              Message 6 of 19 , Sep 17, 2005
                Here is a book by them both.

                /0425205592/qid=1126957449/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-2762041-5363956?
                v=glance&s=books&n=507846

                On another subject. I tend to enjoy Austin more than Pit. Pit
                being to much dick swagger writing in my opinion.

                A little history I've only tried to read one Pit book and that was
                what I thought of it.. However I've listened to a few unabridged
                Austin books and really enjoyed them. (maybe I'd enjoy the Pit's in
                audio format?)

                I've also seen Sahara in the movies and I'm rethinking reading Pit.
                I enjoyed the movie very much other than the desert plane sailing
                thing.

                Golden Buddha I felt was a bit much for my taste as well. (audio
                tape)

                I'm looking forward to reading and listening more of CC.
              • BNMJEFF@AOL.COM
                Message 7 of 19 , Sep 17, 2005
                  I have read all De Brul's books. He is very good, a good stand in for CC in
                  a pinch..LOL

                  Jeff