Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Re: Polar Shift

  • BNMJEFF@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 15, 2005
      The Austin line is good, and I agree it is the same basic stories with the
      main characters changed. I get the stories mixed up over all the books Cussler
      has written, so I started re reading Inca Gold again. I am a little behind,
      as I don't read hardcover books, only paperbacks. Long story there. So the
      most recent I have read is Lost City. I am waiting for Black Wind to come out in
      soft cover.
      To show how much I dislike hardcovers, I got tired of waiting for them to
      publish the DaVinci Code in paperback in the US so I managed to find a softcover
      on Ebay from England!

      Jeff

    • lizard_tbone
      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
        lol, that's funny. I get upset when I didn't know a book had come
        out and I missed getting the hardcover. Though, half of my
        collection is paper back. The new series that came out.. Sacred
        Stone and something Buddha, I didn't know about, so I missed the
        hardcovers. I searched the net for them. I was able to get one as
        a hardcover and it was large print. I'm annoyed by that now.

        ~Lizard~

      • BNMJEFF@AOL.COM
        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
          I have always had an aversion to hard covers. They are expensive and hard to
          read when you read at lunch as I mostly do. Plus when I read at night I hold
          the book over my head and look up at it. I have dozed off a few times and
          cracked myself in the head, and THAT is the main reason i don't read
          hardcovers..LOL

          A little off topic here, but has anyone read Jack Du Brul
          (Spelling?)...similar to Pitt, just a geologist as opposed to an oceanographer.

          Jeff

        • Jeff Phillips
          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
            I tell you what!! I would never buy Hardcover, but then my wife started buying me the hardcover books for birthday or christmas - so now I'm getting more hardcover

            Jeff

            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
              you should try Jack DeBrul very good in fact he wrote a book with CC
              if you like CC you will like JD
              baba

              --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Phillips
              <j2pphillips@y...> wrote:
              > I tell you what!! I would never buy Hardcover, but then my wife
              started buying me the hardcover books for birthday or christmas - so
              now I'm getting more hardcover

              > Jeff
              >
              > lizard_tbone <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
              > lol, that's funny. I get upset when I didn't know a book had come
              > out and I missed getting the hardcover. Though, half of my
              > collection is paper back. The new series that came out.. Sacred
              > Stone and something Buddha, I didn't know about, so I missed the
              > hardcovers. I searched the net for them. I was able to get one
              as
              > a hardcover and it was large print. I'm annoyed by that now.
              >
              > ~Lizard~
              >

              > --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, BNMJEFF@A... wrote:
              > > The Austin line is good, and I agree it is the same basic
              stories
              > with the
              > > main characters changed. I get the stories mixed up over all the
              > books Cussler
              > > has written, so I started re reading Inca Gold again. I am a
              > little behind,
              > > as I don't read hardcover books, only paperbacks. Long story
              > there. So the
              > > most recent I have read is Lost City. I am waiting for Black
              Wind
              > to come out in
              > > soft cover.
              > > To show how much I dislike hardcovers, I got tired of waiting
              for
              > them to
              > > publish the DaVinci Code in paperback in the US so I managed to
              > find a softcover
              > > on Ebay from England!
              > >
              > > Jeff

              Service.

            • lizard_tbone
              Message 6 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
                I'm always looking for something else when there's no Cussler book
                to read. I'll have to check this auther out. I have a tough time
                finding authors that I like.

                ~Lizard~

                --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, babaoriely76

              • Ser Theon Stone
                Message 7 of 19 , Sep 17, 2005
                  Here is a book by them both.

                  /0425205592/qid=1126957449/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-2762041-5363956?
                  v=glance&s=books&n=507846

                  On another subject. I tend to enjoy Austin more than Pit. Pit
                  being to much dick swagger writing in my opinion.

                  A little history I've only tried to read one Pit book and that was
                  what I thought of it.. However I've listened to a few unabridged
                  Austin books and really enjoyed them. (maybe I'd enjoy the Pit's in
                  audio format?)

                  I've also seen Sahara in the movies and I'm rethinking reading Pit.
                  I enjoyed the movie very much other than the desert plane sailing
                  thing.

                  Golden Buddha I felt was a bit much for my taste as well. (audio
                  tape)

                  I'm looking forward to reading and listening more of CC.
                • BNMJEFF@AOL.COM
                  Message 8 of 19 , Sep 17, 2005
                    I have read all De Brul's books. He is very good, a good stand in for CC in
                    a pinch..LOL

                    Jeff