Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Re: Polar Shift

  • Jeff Phillips
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 14, 2005
      Well being from the Great White North - It wouldn't ruffle mine!! You raise a good point though!!

      Jeff

      BNMJEFF@... wrote:
      True..Connery would be ideal to reprise the bond role...age wise, etc.
      Although I think the whole Canada/USA thing might ruffle some feathers up in the
      great white north....who knows..LOL

      Jeff

    • lizard_tbone
      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 14, 2005
        I wouldn't mind seeing Inca Gold done. It's one of my favorites.

        And call me strange, but I like the Austin line. I really didn't
        see any difference other than the main character's changed. But
        that's just me.

        ~Lizard~

        --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Phillips
        <j2pphillips@y...> wrote:
        > Well being from the Great White North - It wouldn't ruffle mine!!
        You raise a good point though!!

        > Jeff
        >
        > BNMJEFF@A... wrote:
        > True..Connery would be ideal to reprise the bond role...age wise,
        etc.
        > Although I think the whole Canada/USA thing might ruffle some
        feathers up in the
        > great white north....who knows..LOL
        >
        > Jeff

        Service.

      • BNMJEFF@AOL.COM
        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 15, 2005
          The Austin line is good, and I agree it is the same basic stories with the
          main characters changed. I get the stories mixed up over all the books Cussler
          has written, so I started re reading Inca Gold again. I am a little behind,
          as I don't read hardcover books, only paperbacks. Long story there. So the
          most recent I have read is Lost City. I am waiting for Black Wind to come out in
          soft cover.
          To show how much I dislike hardcovers, I got tired of waiting for them to
          publish the DaVinci Code in paperback in the US so I managed to find a softcover
          on Ebay from England!

          Jeff

        • lizard_tbone
          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
            lol, that's funny. I get upset when I didn't know a book had come
            out and I missed getting the hardcover. Though, half of my
            collection is paper back. The new series that came out.. Sacred
            Stone and something Buddha, I didn't know about, so I missed the
            hardcovers. I searched the net for them. I was able to get one as
            a hardcover and it was large print. I'm annoyed by that now.

            ~Lizard~

          • BNMJEFF@AOL.COM
            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
              I have always had an aversion to hard covers. They are expensive and hard to
              read when you read at lunch as I mostly do. Plus when I read at night I hold
              the book over my head and look up at it. I have dozed off a few times and
              cracked myself in the head, and THAT is the main reason i don't read
              hardcovers..LOL

              A little off topic here, but has anyone read Jack Du Brul
              (Spelling?)...similar to Pitt, just a geologist as opposed to an oceanographer.

              Jeff

            • Jeff Phillips
              Message 6 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
                I tell you what!! I would never buy Hardcover, but then my wife started buying me the hardcover books for birthday or christmas - so now I'm getting more hardcover

                Jeff

                Message 7 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
                  you should try Jack DeBrul very good in fact he wrote a book with CC
                  if you like CC you will like JD
                  baba

                  <j2pphillips@y...> wrote:
                  > I tell you what!! I would never buy Hardcover, but then my wife
                  started buying me the hardcover books for birthday or christmas - so
                  now I'm getting more hardcover

                  > Jeff
                  >
                  > lizard_tbone <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                  > lol, that's funny. I get upset when I didn't know a book had come
                  > out and I missed getting the hardcover. Though, half of my
                  > collection is paper back. The new series that came out.. Sacred
                  > Stone and something Buddha, I didn't know about, so I missed the
                  > hardcovers. I searched the net for them. I was able to get one
                  as
                  > a hardcover and it was large print. I'm annoyed by that now.
                  >
                  > ~Lizard~
                  >

                  > --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, BNMJEFF@A... wrote:
                  > > The Austin line is good, and I agree it is the same basic
                  stories
                  > with the
                  > > main characters changed. I get the stories mixed up over all the
                  > books Cussler
                  > > has written, so I started re reading Inca Gold again. I am a
                  > little behind,
                  > > as I don't read hardcover books, only paperbacks. Long story
                  > there. So the
                  > > most recent I have read is Lost City. I am waiting for Black
                  Wind
                  > to come out in
                  > > soft cover.
                  > > To show how much I dislike hardcovers, I got tired of waiting
                  for
                  > them to
                  > > publish the DaVinci Code in paperback in the US so I managed to
                  > find a softcover
                  > > on Ebay from England!
                  > >
                  > > Jeff

                  Service.

                • lizard_tbone
                  Message 8 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
                    I'm always looking for something else when there's no Cussler book
                    to read. I'll have to check this auther out. I have a tough time
                    finding authors that I like.

                    ~Lizard~

                    --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, babaoriely76

                  • Ser Theon Stone
                    Message 9 of 19 , Sep 17, 2005
                      Here is a book by them both.

                      /0425205592/qid=1126957449/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-2762041-5363956?
                      v=glance&s=books&n=507846

                      On another subject. I tend to enjoy Austin more than Pit. Pit
                      being to much dick swagger writing in my opinion.

                      A little history I've only tried to read one Pit book and that was
                      what I thought of it.. However I've listened to a few unabridged
                      Austin books and really enjoyed them. (maybe I'd enjoy the Pit's in
                      audio format?)

                      I've also seen Sahara in the movies and I'm rethinking reading Pit.
                      I enjoyed the movie very much other than the desert plane sailing
                      thing.

                      Golden Buddha I felt was a bit much for my taste as well. (audio
                      tape)

                      I'm looking forward to reading and listening more of CC.
                    • BNMJEFF@AOL.COM
                      Message 10 of 19 , Sep 17, 2005
                        I have read all De Brul's books. He is very good, a good stand in for CC in
                        a pinch..LOL

                        Jeff