Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Re: Polar Shift

  • Jeff Phillips
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 14, 2005
      Hey Jeff.....

      I would agree with you, won't that be something, if you had Sean Connery or Roger Moore(mind you I hear is health is not good at times) reprise their Bond role. I think the potential for this being a huge blockbuster would be pretty good.
      With that said my feeling is that they will go with Inca Gold - but we'll see!!

      Have a good day!!

      BNMJEFF@... wrote:
      hey Jeff....

      I hope it is Night Probe..that has to be one of the best of the lot!

      Jeff

      BTW..Great name!!

      Literary agent fiction Book author Clive cussler

      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 14, 2005
        True..Connery would be ideal to reprise the bond role...age wise, etc.
        Although I think the whole Canada/USA thing might ruffle some feathers up in the
        great white north....who knows..LOL

        Jeff

      • Jeff Phillips

          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 14, 2005
            I wouldn't mind seeing Inca Gold done. It's one of my favorites.

            And call me strange, but I like the Austin line. I really didn't
            see any difference other than the main character's changed. But
            that's just me.

            ~Lizard~

            --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Phillips
            <j2pphillips@y...> wrote:
            > Well being from the Great White North - It wouldn't ruffle mine!!
            You raise a good point though!!

            > Jeff
            >
            > BNMJEFF@A... wrote:
            > True..Connery would be ideal to reprise the bond role...age wise,
            etc.
            > Although I think the whole Canada/USA thing might ruffle some
            feathers up in the
            > great white north....who knows..LOL
            >
            > Jeff

            Service.

          • BNMJEFF@AOL.COM
            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 15, 2005
              The Austin line is good, and I agree it is the same basic stories with the
              main characters changed. I get the stories mixed up over all the books Cussler
              has written, so I started re reading Inca Gold again. I am a little behind,
              as I don't read hardcover books, only paperbacks. Long story there. So the
              most recent I have read is Lost City. I am waiting for Black Wind to come out in
              soft cover.
              To show how much I dislike hardcovers, I got tired of waiting for them to
              publish the DaVinci Code in paperback in the US so I managed to find a softcover
              on Ebay from England!

              Jeff

            • lizard_tbone
              Message 6 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
                lol, that's funny. I get upset when I didn't know a book had come
                out and I missed getting the hardcover. Though, half of my
                collection is paper back. The new series that came out.. Sacred
                Stone and something Buddha, I didn't know about, so I missed the
                hardcovers. I searched the net for them. I was able to get one as
                a hardcover and it was large print. I'm annoyed by that now.

                ~Lizard~

              • BNMJEFF@AOL.COM
                Message 7 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
                  I have always had an aversion to hard covers. They are expensive and hard to
                  read when you read at lunch as I mostly do. Plus when I read at night I hold
                  the book over my head and look up at it. I have dozed off a few times and
                  cracked myself in the head, and THAT is the main reason i don't read
                  hardcovers..LOL

                  A little off topic here, but has anyone read Jack Du Brul
                  (Spelling?)...similar to Pitt, just a geologist as opposed to an oceanographer.

                  Jeff

                • Jeff Phillips
                  Message 8 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
                    I tell you what!! I would never buy Hardcover, but then my wife started buying me the hardcover books for birthday or christmas - so now I'm getting more hardcover

                    Jeff

                    Message 9 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
                      you should try Jack DeBrul very good in fact he wrote a book with CC
                      if you like CC you will like JD
                      baba

                      <j2pphillips@y...> wrote:
                      > I tell you what!! I would never buy Hardcover, but then my wife
                      started buying me the hardcover books for birthday or christmas - so
                      now I'm getting more hardcover

                      > Jeff
                      >
                      > lizard_tbone <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                      > lol, that's funny. I get upset when I didn't know a book had come
                      > out and I missed getting the hardcover. Though, half of my
                      > collection is paper back. The new series that came out.. Sacred
                      > Stone and something Buddha, I didn't know about, so I missed the
                      > hardcovers. I searched the net for them. I was able to get one
                      as
                      > a hardcover and it was large print. I'm annoyed by that now.
                      >
                      > ~Lizard~
                      >

                      > --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, BNMJEFF@A... wrote:
                      > > The Austin line is good, and I agree it is the same basic
                      stories
                      > with the
                      > > main characters changed. I get the stories mixed up over all the
                      > books Cussler
                      > > has written, so I started re reading Inca Gold again. I am a
                      > little behind,
                      > > as I don't read hardcover books, only paperbacks. Long story
                      > there. So the
                      > > most recent I have read is Lost City. I am waiting for Black
                      Wind
                      > to come out in
                      > > soft cover.
                      > > To show how much I dislike hardcovers, I got tired of waiting
                      for
                      > them to
                      > > publish the DaVinci Code in paperback in the US so I managed to
                      > find a softcover
                      > > on Ebay from England!
                      > >
                      > > Jeff

                      Service.

                    • lizard_tbone
                      Message 10 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
                        I'm always looking for something else when there's no Cussler book
                        to read. I'll have to check this auther out. I have a tough time
                        finding authors that I like.

                        ~Lizard~

                        --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, babaoriely76

                      • Ser Theon Stone
                        Message 11 of 19 , Sep 17, 2005
                          Here is a book by them both.

                          /0425205592/qid=1126957449/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-2762041-5363956?
                          v=glance&s=books&n=507846

                          On another subject. I tend to enjoy Austin more than Pit. Pit
                          being to much dick swagger writing in my opinion.

                          A little history I've only tried to read one Pit book and that was
                          what I thought of it.. However I've listened to a few unabridged
                          Austin books and really enjoyed them. (maybe I'd enjoy the Pit's in
                          audio format?)

                          I've also seen Sahara in the movies and I'm rethinking reading Pit.
                          I enjoyed the movie very much other than the desert plane sailing
                          thing.

                          Golden Buddha I felt was a bit much for my taste as well. (audio
                          tape)

                          I'm looking forward to reading and listening more of CC.
                        • BNMJEFF@AOL.COM
                          Message 12 of 19 , Sep 17, 2005
                            I have read all De Brul's books. He is very good, a good stand in for CC in
                            a pinch..LOL

                            Jeff