Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Re: Polar Shift

  • BNMJEFF@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 14, 2005
      hey Jeff....

      I hope it is Night Probe..that has to be one of the best of the lot!

      Jeff

      BTW..Great name!!

    • Jeff Phillips
      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 14, 2005
        Hey Jeff.....

        I would agree with you, won't that be something, if you had Sean Connery or Roger Moore(mind you I hear is health is not good at times) reprise their Bond role. I think the potential for this being a huge blockbuster would be pretty good.
        With that said my feeling is that they will go with Inca Gold - but we'll see!!

        Have a good day!!

        BNMJEFF@... wrote:
        hey Jeff....

        I hope it is Night Probe..that has to be one of the best of the lot!

        Jeff

        BTW..Great name!!

        Literary agent fiction Book author Clive cussler

        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 14, 2005
          True..Connery would be ideal to reprise the bond role...age wise, etc.
          Although I think the whole Canada/USA thing might ruffle some feathers up in the
          great white north....who knows..LOL

          Jeff

        • Jeff Phillips

            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 14, 2005
              I wouldn't mind seeing Inca Gold done. It's one of my favorites.

              And call me strange, but I like the Austin line. I really didn't
              see any difference other than the main character's changed. But
              that's just me.

              ~Lizard~

              --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Phillips
              <j2pphillips@y...> wrote:
              > Well being from the Great White North - It wouldn't ruffle mine!!
              You raise a good point though!!

              > Jeff
              >
              > BNMJEFF@A... wrote:
              > True..Connery would be ideal to reprise the bond role...age wise,
              etc.
              > Although I think the whole Canada/USA thing might ruffle some
              feathers up in the
              > great white north....who knows..LOL
              >
              > Jeff

              Service.

            • BNMJEFF@AOL.COM
              Message 6 of 19 , Sep 15, 2005
                The Austin line is good, and I agree it is the same basic stories with the
                main characters changed. I get the stories mixed up over all the books Cussler
                has written, so I started re reading Inca Gold again. I am a little behind,
                as I don't read hardcover books, only paperbacks. Long story there. So the
                most recent I have read is Lost City. I am waiting for Black Wind to come out in
                soft cover.
                To show how much I dislike hardcovers, I got tired of waiting for them to
                publish the DaVinci Code in paperback in the US so I managed to find a softcover
                on Ebay from England!

                Jeff

              • lizard_tbone
                Message 7 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
                  lol, that's funny. I get upset when I didn't know a book had come
                  out and I missed getting the hardcover. Though, half of my
                  collection is paper back. The new series that came out.. Sacred
                  Stone and something Buddha, I didn't know about, so I missed the
                  hardcovers. I searched the net for them. I was able to get one as
                  a hardcover and it was large print. I'm annoyed by that now.

                  ~Lizard~

                • BNMJEFF@AOL.COM
                  Message 8 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
                    I have always had an aversion to hard covers. They are expensive and hard to
                    read when you read at lunch as I mostly do. Plus when I read at night I hold
                    the book over my head and look up at it. I have dozed off a few times and
                    cracked myself in the head, and THAT is the main reason i don't read
                    hardcovers..LOL

                    A little off topic here, but has anyone read Jack Du Brul
                    (Spelling?)...similar to Pitt, just a geologist as opposed to an oceanographer.

                    Jeff

                  • Jeff Phillips
                    Message 9 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
                      I tell you what!! I would never buy Hardcover, but then my wife started buying me the hardcover books for birthday or christmas - so now I'm getting more hardcover

                      Jeff

                      Message 10 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
                        you should try Jack DeBrul very good in fact he wrote a book with CC
                        if you like CC you will like JD
                        baba

                        <j2pphillips@y...> wrote:
                        > I tell you what!! I would never buy Hardcover, but then my wife
                        started buying me the hardcover books for birthday or christmas - so
                        now I'm getting more hardcover

                        > Jeff
                        >
                        > lizard_tbone <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                        > lol, that's funny. I get upset when I didn't know a book had come
                        > out and I missed getting the hardcover. Though, half of my
                        > collection is paper back. The new series that came out.. Sacred
                        > Stone and something Buddha, I didn't know about, so I missed the
                        > hardcovers. I searched the net for them. I was able to get one
                        as
                        > a hardcover and it was large print. I'm annoyed by that now.
                        >
                        > ~Lizard~
                        >

                        > --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, BNMJEFF@A... wrote:
                        > > The Austin line is good, and I agree it is the same basic
                        stories
                        > with the
                        > > main characters changed. I get the stories mixed up over all the
                        > books Cussler
                        > > has written, so I started re reading Inca Gold again. I am a
                        > little behind,
                        > > as I don't read hardcover books, only paperbacks. Long story
                        > there. So the
                        > > most recent I have read is Lost City. I am waiting for Black
                        Wind
                        > to come out in
                        > > soft cover.
                        > > To show how much I dislike hardcovers, I got tired of waiting
                        for
                        > them to
                        > > publish the DaVinci Code in paperback in the US so I managed to
                        > find a softcover
                        > > on Ebay from England!
                        > >
                        > > Jeff

                        Service.

                      • lizard_tbone
                        Message 11 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
                          I'm always looking for something else when there's no Cussler book
                          to read. I'll have to check this auther out. I have a tough time
                          finding authors that I like.

                          ~Lizard~

                          --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, babaoriely76

                        • Ser Theon Stone
                          Message 12 of 19 , Sep 17, 2005
                            Here is a book by them both.

                            /0425205592/qid=1126957449/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-2762041-5363956?
                            v=glance&s=books&n=507846

                            On another subject. I tend to enjoy Austin more than Pit. Pit
                            being to much dick swagger writing in my opinion.

                            A little history I've only tried to read one Pit book and that was
                            what I thought of it.. However I've listened to a few unabridged
                            Austin books and really enjoyed them. (maybe I'd enjoy the Pit's in
                            audio format?)

                            I've also seen Sahara in the movies and I'm rethinking reading Pit.
                            I enjoyed the movie very much other than the desert plane sailing
                            thing.

                            Golden Buddha I felt was a bit much for my taste as well. (audio
                            tape)

                            I'm looking forward to reading and listening more of CC.
                          • BNMJEFF@AOL.COM
                            Message 13 of 19 , Sep 17, 2005
                              I have read all De Brul's books. He is very good, a good stand in for CC in
                              a pinch..LOL

                              Jeff