Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Re: Polar Shift

  • Jeff Phillips
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 14, 2005
      Hey Jeff, This is also Jeff - they haven't said, one of the books that was involved with the whole package deal was Inca Gold also Night Probe sorry can't think of the other one.
      But at this point, this is all I have heard, maybe someone else has heard more.
      By the way GREAT NAME!!!

      To All: I don't get a chance too write many responses, this was one of my days where I had a free day, have been reading the posts, some really good ones!!!

      Jeff P

      BNMJEFF@... wrote:
      I have read the Austin books and they are just like the Pitt books with the
      main characters changed. They are OK, good for the same escapism that the Pitt
      books are good for. The ones I have enjoyed are the ones about the team of
      people on the ship, who hire out for special mission. "Sacred Stone" was the
      first I had read. they are fun, sort of a cross between Mission Impossible and
      Pitt.

      Speaking of Pitt, does anyone on the list know what the second (technically
      3rd) Pitt movie is going to be. I know he optioned 2 books and have not heard
      what the second one is after sahara.

      Jeff

      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 14, 2005
        hey Jeff....

        I hope it is Night Probe..that has to be one of the best of the lot!

        Jeff

        BTW..Great name!!

      • Jeff Phillips
        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 14, 2005
          Hey Jeff.....

          I would agree with you, won't that be something, if you had Sean Connery or Roger Moore(mind you I hear is health is not good at times) reprise their Bond role. I think the potential for this being a huge blockbuster would be pretty good.
          With that said my feeling is that they will go with Inca Gold - but we'll see!!

          Have a good day!!

          BNMJEFF@... wrote:
          hey Jeff....

          I hope it is Night Probe..that has to be one of the best of the lot!

          Jeff

          BTW..Great name!!

          Literary agent fiction Book author Clive cussler

          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 14, 2005
            True..Connery would be ideal to reprise the bond role...age wise, etc.
            Although I think the whole Canada/USA thing might ruffle some feathers up in the
            great white north....who knows..LOL

            Jeff

          • Jeff Phillips

              Message 6 of 19 , Sep 14, 2005
                I wouldn't mind seeing Inca Gold done. It's one of my favorites.

                And call me strange, but I like the Austin line. I really didn't
                see any difference other than the main character's changed. But
                that's just me.

                ~Lizard~

                --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Phillips
                <j2pphillips@y...> wrote:
                > Well being from the Great White North - It wouldn't ruffle mine!!
                You raise a good point though!!

                > Jeff
                >
                > BNMJEFF@A... wrote:
                > True..Connery would be ideal to reprise the bond role...age wise,
                etc.
                > Although I think the whole Canada/USA thing might ruffle some
                feathers up in the
                > great white north....who knows..LOL
                >
                > Jeff

                Service.

              • BNMJEFF@AOL.COM
                Message 7 of 19 , Sep 15, 2005
                  The Austin line is good, and I agree it is the same basic stories with the
                  main characters changed. I get the stories mixed up over all the books Cussler
                  has written, so I started re reading Inca Gold again. I am a little behind,
                  as I don't read hardcover books, only paperbacks. Long story there. So the
                  most recent I have read is Lost City. I am waiting for Black Wind to come out in
                  soft cover.
                  To show how much I dislike hardcovers, I got tired of waiting for them to
                  publish the DaVinci Code in paperback in the US so I managed to find a softcover
                  on Ebay from England!

                  Jeff

                • lizard_tbone
                  Message 8 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
                    lol, that's funny. I get upset when I didn't know a book had come
                    out and I missed getting the hardcover. Though, half of my
                    collection is paper back. The new series that came out.. Sacred
                    Stone and something Buddha, I didn't know about, so I missed the
                    hardcovers. I searched the net for them. I was able to get one as
                    a hardcover and it was large print. I'm annoyed by that now.

                    ~Lizard~

                  • BNMJEFF@AOL.COM
                    Message 9 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
                      I have always had an aversion to hard covers. They are expensive and hard to
                      read when you read at lunch as I mostly do. Plus when I read at night I hold
                      the book over my head and look up at it. I have dozed off a few times and
                      cracked myself in the head, and THAT is the main reason i don't read
                      hardcovers..LOL

                      A little off topic here, but has anyone read Jack Du Brul
                      (Spelling?)...similar to Pitt, just a geologist as opposed to an oceanographer.

                      Jeff

                    • Jeff Phillips
                      Message 10 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
                        I tell you what!! I would never buy Hardcover, but then my wife started buying me the hardcover books for birthday or christmas - so now I'm getting more hardcover

                        Jeff

                        Message 11 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
                          you should try Jack DeBrul very good in fact he wrote a book with CC
                          if you like CC you will like JD
                          baba

                          <j2pphillips@y...> wrote:
                          > I tell you what!! I would never buy Hardcover, but then my wife
                          started buying me the hardcover books for birthday or christmas - so
                          now I'm getting more hardcover

                          > Jeff
                          >
                          > lizard_tbone <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                          > lol, that's funny. I get upset when I didn't know a book had come
                          > out and I missed getting the hardcover. Though, half of my
                          > collection is paper back. The new series that came out.. Sacred
                          > Stone and something Buddha, I didn't know about, so I missed the
                          > hardcovers. I searched the net for them. I was able to get one
                          as
                          > a hardcover and it was large print. I'm annoyed by that now.
                          >
                          > ~Lizard~
                          >

                          > --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, BNMJEFF@A... wrote:
                          > > The Austin line is good, and I agree it is the same basic
                          stories
                          > with the
                          > > main characters changed. I get the stories mixed up over all the
                          > books Cussler
                          > > has written, so I started re reading Inca Gold again. I am a
                          > little behind,
                          > > as I don't read hardcover books, only paperbacks. Long story
                          > there. So the
                          > > most recent I have read is Lost City. I am waiting for Black
                          Wind
                          > to come out in
                          > > soft cover.
                          > > To show how much I dislike hardcovers, I got tired of waiting
                          for
                          > them to
                          > > publish the DaVinci Code in paperback in the US so I managed to
                          > find a softcover
                          > > on Ebay from England!
                          > >
                          > > Jeff

                          Service.

                        • lizard_tbone
                          Message 12 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
                            I'm always looking for something else when there's no Cussler book
                            to read. I'll have to check this auther out. I have a tough time
                            finding authors that I like.

                            ~Lizard~

                            --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, babaoriely76

                          • Ser Theon Stone
                            Message 13 of 19 , Sep 17, 2005
                              Here is a book by them both.

                              /0425205592/qid=1126957449/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-2762041-5363956?
                              v=glance&s=books&n=507846

                              On another subject. I tend to enjoy Austin more than Pit. Pit
                              being to much dick swagger writing in my opinion.

                              A little history I've only tried to read one Pit book and that was
                              what I thought of it.. However I've listened to a few unabridged
                              Austin books and really enjoyed them. (maybe I'd enjoy the Pit's in
                              audio format?)

                              I've also seen Sahara in the movies and I'm rethinking reading Pit.
                              I enjoyed the movie very much other than the desert plane sailing
                              thing.

                              Golden Buddha I felt was a bit much for my taste as well. (audio
                              tape)

                              I'm looking forward to reading and listening more of CC.
                            • BNMJEFF@AOL.COM
                              Message 14 of 19 , Sep 17, 2005
                                I have read all De Brul's books. He is very good, a good stand in for CC in
                                a pinch..LOL

                                Jeff