Polar Shift

  • wlsonbooks
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 25, 2005
      I just got my hands on Polar Shift which is not supposed to be
      released until Tuesday. The local libraries have put it on the shelf
      already! Anyone know if this is common for libraries or was it a
      mistake? Anyway, I've rad the first 100 pages and its pretty good!

      Wil
    • lizard_tbone
      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 10, 2005
        I didn't get mine until this past wednesday at Barnes & Noble for
        40% off! Yay for new sale stuff and discounts!

        I'm playing catch up right now, because I got a bit behind with
        school and all, so I won't be able to read it for at least a month.
        BLARGH! And I can't read out of order. Oh no.

        ~Lizard~

        --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "wlsonbooks"

        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 13, 2005
          I read it and I dont know why but Austin just dosnt do it for me and
          thought the end was a little weak but hey thats me
          baba

          --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, lizard_tbone
          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > I didn't get mine until this past wednesday at Barnes & Noble for
          > 40% off! Yay for new sale stuff and discounts!

          I'm playing catch up right now, because I got a bit behind with
          > school and all, so I won't be able to read it for at least a
          month.
          > BLARGH! And I can't read out of order. Oh no.
          >
          > ~Lizard~
          >

          > --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "wlsonbooks"
          > <wlsonbooks@y...> wrote:
          > > I just got my hands on Polar Shift which is not supposed to be
          > > released until Tuesday. The local libraries have put it on the
          > shelf
          > > already! Anyone know if this is common for libraries or was it
          > > mistake? Anyway, I've rad the first 100 pages and its pretty
          good!

          > > Wil
        • iws cma
          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 13, 2005
            I'm reading Serpent, the 1st Austin book I've read, and I just can't seem to get into it. It's not too exciting, boring rally. Are all the Austin books like this? Don't know if I'll try another.

            Craig

            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 14, 2005
              I have read the Austin books and they are just like the Pitt books with the
              main characters changed. They are OK, good for the same escapism that the Pitt
              books are good for. The ones I have enjoyed are the ones about the team of
              people on the ship, who hire out for special mission. "Sacred Stone" was the
              first I had read. they are fun, sort of a cross between Mission Impossible and
              Pitt.

              Speaking of Pitt, does anyone on the list know what the second (technically
              3rd) Pitt movie is going to be. I know he optioned 2 books and have not heard
              what the second one is after sahara.

              Jeff

            • Jeff Phillips
              Message 6 of 19 , Sep 14, 2005
                Hey Jeff, This is also Jeff - they haven't said, one of the books that was involved with the whole package deal was Inca Gold also Night Probe sorry can't think of the other one.
                But at this point, this is all I have heard, maybe someone else has heard more.
                By the way GREAT NAME!!!

                To All: I don't get a chance too write many responses, this was one of my days where I had a free day, have been reading the posts, some really good ones!!!

                Jeff P

                Message 7 of 19 , Sep 14, 2005
                  hey Jeff....

                  I hope it is Night Probe..that has to be one of the best of the lot!

                  Jeff

                  BTW..Great name!!

                • Jeff Phillips
                  Message 8 of 19 , Sep 14, 2005
                    Hey Jeff.....

                    I would agree with you, won't that be something, if you had Sean Connery or Roger Moore(mind you I hear is health is not good at times) reprise their Bond role. I think the potential for this being a huge blockbuster would be pretty good.
                    With that said my feeling is that they will go with Inca Gold - but we'll see!!

                    Have a good day!!

                    BNMJEFF@... wrote:
                    hey Jeff....

                    I hope it is Night Probe..that has to be one of the best of the lot!

                    Jeff

                    BTW..Great name!!

                    Literary agent fiction Book author Clive cussler

                    Message 9 of 19 , Sep 14, 2005
                      True..Connery would be ideal to reprise the bond role...age wise, etc.
                      Although I think the whole Canada/USA thing might ruffle some feathers up in the
                      great white north....who knows..LOL

                      Jeff

                    • Jeff Phillips

                        Message 11 of 19 , Sep 14, 2005
                          I wouldn't mind seeing Inca Gold done. It's one of my favorites.

                          And call me strange, but I like the Austin line. I really didn't
                          see any difference other than the main character's changed. But
                          that's just me.

                          ~Lizard~

                          --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Phillips
                          <j2pphillips@y...> wrote:
                          > Well being from the Great White North - It wouldn't ruffle mine!!
                          You raise a good point though!!

                          > Jeff
                          >
                          > BNMJEFF@A... wrote:
                          > True..Connery would be ideal to reprise the bond role...age wise,
                          etc.
                          > Although I think the whole Canada/USA thing might ruffle some
                          feathers up in the
                          > great white north....who knows..LOL
                          >
                          > Jeff

                          Service.

                        • BNMJEFF@AOL.COM
                          Message 12 of 19 , Sep 15, 2005
                            The Austin line is good, and I agree it is the same basic stories with the
                            main characters changed. I get the stories mixed up over all the books Cussler
                            has written, so I started re reading Inca Gold again. I am a little behind,
                            as I don't read hardcover books, only paperbacks. Long story there. So the
                            most recent I have read is Lost City. I am waiting for Black Wind to come out in
                            soft cover.
                            To show how much I dislike hardcovers, I got tired of waiting for them to
                            publish the DaVinci Code in paperback in the US so I managed to find a softcover
                            on Ebay from England!

                            Jeff

                          • lizard_tbone
                            Message 13 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
                              lol, that's funny. I get upset when I didn't know a book had come
                              out and I missed getting the hardcover. Though, half of my
                              collection is paper back. The new series that came out.. Sacred
                              Stone and something Buddha, I didn't know about, so I missed the
                              hardcovers. I searched the net for them. I was able to get one as
                              a hardcover and it was large print. I'm annoyed by that now.

                              ~Lizard~

                            • BNMJEFF@AOL.COM
                              Message 14 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
                                I have always had an aversion to hard covers. They are expensive and hard to
                                read when you read at lunch as I mostly do. Plus when I read at night I hold
                                the book over my head and look up at it. I have dozed off a few times and
                                cracked myself in the head, and THAT is the main reason i don't read
                                hardcovers..LOL

                                A little off topic here, but has anyone read Jack Du Brul
                                (Spelling?)...similar to Pitt, just a geologist as opposed to an oceanographer.

                                Jeff

                              • Jeff Phillips
                                Message 15 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
                                  I tell you what!! I would never buy Hardcover, but then my wife started buying me the hardcover books for birthday or christmas - so now I'm getting more hardcover

                                  Jeff

                                  Message 16 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
                                    you should try Jack DeBrul very good in fact he wrote a book with CC
                                    if you like CC you will like JD
                                    baba

                                    <j2pphillips@y...> wrote:
                                    > I tell you what!! I would never buy Hardcover, but then my wife
                                    started buying me the hardcover books for birthday or christmas - so
                                    now I'm getting more hardcover

                                    > Jeff
                                    >
                                    > lizard_tbone <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                                    > lol, that's funny. I get upset when I didn't know a book had come
                                    > out and I missed getting the hardcover. Though, half of my
                                    > collection is paper back. The new series that came out.. Sacred
                                    > Stone and something Buddha, I didn't know about, so I missed the
                                    > hardcovers. I searched the net for them. I was able to get one
                                    as
                                    > a hardcover and it was large print. I'm annoyed by that now.
                                    >
                                    > ~Lizard~
                                    >

                                    > --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, BNMJEFF@A... wrote:
                                    > > The Austin line is good, and I agree it is the same basic
                                    stories
                                    > with the
                                    > > main characters changed. I get the stories mixed up over all the
                                    > books Cussler
                                    > > has written, so I started re reading Inca Gold again. I am a
                                    > little behind,
                                    > > as I don't read hardcover books, only paperbacks. Long story
                                    > there. So the
                                    > > most recent I have read is Lost City. I am waiting for Black
                                    Wind
                                    > to come out in
                                    > > soft cover.
                                    > > To show how much I dislike hardcovers, I got tired of waiting
                                    for
                                    > them to
                                    > > publish the DaVinci Code in paperback in the US so I managed to
                                    > find a softcover
                                    > > on Ebay from England!
                                    > >
                                    > > Jeff

                                    Service.

                                  • lizard_tbone
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Sep 16, 2005
                                      I'm always looking for something else when there's no Cussler book
                                      to read. I'll have to check this auther out. I have a tough time
                                      finding authors that I like.

                                      ~Lizard~

                                      --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, babaoriely76

                                    • Ser Theon Stone
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Sep 17, 2005
                                        Here is a book by them both.

                                        /0425205592/qid=1126957449/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-2762041-5363956?
                                        v=glance&s=books&n=507846

                                        On another subject. I tend to enjoy Austin more than Pit. Pit
                                        being to much dick swagger writing in my opinion.

                                        A little history I've only tried to read one Pit book and that was
                                        what I thought of it.. However I've listened to a few unabridged
                                        Austin books and really enjoyed them. (maybe I'd enjoy the Pit's in
                                        audio format?)

                                        I've also seen Sahara in the movies and I'm rethinking reading Pit.
                                        I enjoyed the movie very much other than the desert plane sailing
                                        thing.

                                        Golden Buddha I felt was a bit much for my taste as well. (audio
                                        tape)

                                        I'm looking forward to reading and listening more of CC.
                                      • BNMJEFF@AOL.COM
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Sep 17, 2005
                                          I have read all De Brul's books. He is very good, a good stand in for CC in
                                          a pinch..LOL

                                          Jeff