Re: My First CC book

  • Melissa
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 8, 2005
      My first one was Raise the Titanic! as well. I do like the Kurt Austin
      books, not nearly as much as I like the Dirk Pitt ones though.

      Melissa
    • lizard_tbone
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 31, 2005
        So do I! I finished Black Wind this past week while on vacation and
        when the CC character showed up, I giggled a bit and had this big
        grin on my face, cause I knew who he was before he said his name.
        My husband looked at me strangely when I did.

        --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "flutefacekk"

      • David Hay
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 1 1:16 AM
          HA! I just finished Black Wind also and I know exactly what you mean cause
          as soon as he pulled up in the Junk I new, as you new, he was him. I also
          giggled and told my wife. She called me a "Geek" and went back to sleep !!!
          LOL :)

          Dave

          <KathyKirchner@m...> wrote:
          > I agree. I like it when all the characters meet up - it sort of
          > ties all the stories together. One of my favorite things about
          > Clive Cussler books is whenever 'character' Clive Cussler shows
          up.
          > I always get a giggle out of it...
          >

          > --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, lizard_tbone
          > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > > I like the Kurt Austin books as well. I like how they run into
          > each
          > > other for a few minutes. It gives more of the NUMA world.
          > >
          > > ~Lizard~
          > >

          > > --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, CJ Chandler
          > > <hairlesspawn@y...> wrote:
          > > > YES! Finally someone who feels the way I do. Kurt Austin books
          > are
          > > my favorites.
          > > >
          > > > flutefacekk <KathyKirchner@m...> wrote: I may be in the
          > minority,
          > > but I really *like* the Kurt Austin
          > > > books. Sometimes I get a little jarred out of the reading
          > > > experience by incomplete sentences, etc, but I still really
          > enjoy
          > > > reading them. I am a huge fan of his 'sidekick' Joe Zavala,
          and
          > > > would like to see more of him.
          > > >
          > > > Are there going to be more Kurt Austin books?
          > > >
          > > > I have yet to be disappointed by a Clive Cussler book. There
          > may
          > > be
          > > > parts within each that I don't like (such as one extremely
          > sexist
          > > > sentence in Inca Gold), but overall, I've loved them all.
          > Several
          > > > I've read many times over (Inca Gold, I think I've read four
          or
          > > five
          > > > times), and hopefully will do the same with the rest of them.
          > > > There's just that pesky little thing called 'real life' that
          > keeps
          > > > interfering...
          > > >
          > > > I, too, have enjoyed the Juan Cabrillo series. Lots of
          > characters
          > > > to keep straight in those! I'm ever grateful for the list of
          > the
          > > > cast of characters that is provided in the front of that
          > > series. :)
          > > >

          > > > --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "James"
          > > <covediver@y...>
          > paperback