[Clive Cussler fan club] Re: My First CC book

  • flutefacekk
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 5, 2005
      I agree. I like it when all the characters meet up - it sort of
      ties all the stories together. One of my favorite things about
      Clive Cussler books is whenever 'character' Clive Cussler shows up.
      I always get a giggle out of it...

      --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, lizard_tbone
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > I like the Kurt Austin books as well. I like how they run into
      each
      > other for a few minutes. It gives more of the NUMA world.
      >
      > ~Lizard~
      >

      > --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, CJ Chandler
      > <hairlesspawn@y...> wrote:
      > > YES! Finally someone who feels the way I do. Kurt Austin books
      are
      > my favorites.
      > >
      > > flutefacekk <KathyKirchner@m...> wrote: I may be in the
      minority,
      > but I really *like* the Kurt Austin
      > > books. Sometimes I get a little jarred out of the reading
      > > experience by incomplete sentences, etc, but I still really
      enjoy
      > > reading them. I am a huge fan of his 'sidekick' Joe Zavala, and
      > > would like to see more of him.
      > >
      > > Are there going to be more Kurt Austin books?
      > >
      > > I have yet to be disappointed by a Clive Cussler book. There
      may
      > be
      > > parts within each that I don't like (such as one extremely
      sexist
      > > sentence in Inca Gold), but overall, I've loved them all.
      Several
      > > I've read many times over (Inca Gold, I think I've read four or
      > five
      > > times), and hopefully will do the same with the rest of them.
      > > There's just that pesky little thing called 'real life' that
      keeps
      > > interfering...
      > >
      > > I, too, have enjoyed the Juan Cabrillo series. Lots of
      characters
      > > to keep straight in those! I'm ever grateful for the list of
      the
      > > cast of characters that is provided in the front of that
      > series. :)
      > >

      > > --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "James"
      > <covediver@y...>
      > > wrote:
      > > > My first cc book was Raise the Titanic which I read in
      paperback
      > > way
      > > > back in 1977, having borrowed a copy from someone at work.
      > Pretty
      > > > exciting stuff. I lost contact with the series until 1984,
      when
      > > > rediscovered the author because of my interest in scuba diving
      > and
      > > > shipwrecks. I have been hooked ever since, but I did feel
      like
      > > the
      > > > plots were getting too formulaic. The last book changed my
      > mind.
      > > It
      > > > was one of the better cc stories.
      > > >
      > > > I like the spinoff Juan Cabrillo series, great action
      > adventure.
      > > Kurt
      > > > Austin didn't live up to the promise of the author's previous
      > > works.

      > Service.

    • Melissa
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 8 2:25 PM
        My first one was Raise the Titanic! as well. I do like the Kurt Austin
        books, not nearly as much as I like the Dirk Pitt ones though.

        Melissa
      • lizard_tbone
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 31 10:57 PM
          So do I! I finished Black Wind this past week while on vacation and
          when the CC character showed up, I giggled a bit and had this big
          grin on my face, cause I knew who he was before he said his name.
          My husband looked at me strangely when I did.

          --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "flutefacekk"

        • David Hay
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 1, 2005
            HA! I just finished Black Wind also and I know exactly what you mean cause
            as soon as he pulled up in the Junk I new, as you new, he was him. I also
            giggled and told my wife. She called me a "Geek" and went back to sleep !!!
            LOL :)

            Dave

            <KathyKirchner@m...> wrote:
            > I agree. I like it when all the characters meet up - it sort of
            > ties all the stories together. One of my favorite things about
            > Clive Cussler books is whenever 'character' Clive Cussler shows
            up.
            > I always get a giggle out of it...
            >

            > --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, lizard_tbone
            > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > > I like the Kurt Austin books as well. I like how they run into
            > each
            > > other for a few minutes. It gives more of the NUMA world.
            > >
            > > ~Lizard~
            > >

            > > --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, CJ Chandler
            > > <hairlesspawn@y...> wrote:
            > > > YES! Finally someone who feels the way I do. Kurt Austin books
            > are
            > > my favorites.
            > > >
            > > > flutefacekk <KathyKirchner@m...> wrote: I may be in the
            > minority,
            > > but I really *like* the Kurt Austin
            > > > books. Sometimes I get a little jarred out of the reading
            > > > experience by incomplete sentences, etc, but I still really
            > enjoy
            > > > reading them. I am a huge fan of his 'sidekick' Joe Zavala,
            and
            > > > would like to see more of him.
            > > >
            > > > Are there going to be more Kurt Austin books?
            > > >
            > > > I have yet to be disappointed by a Clive Cussler book. There
            > may
            > > be
            > > > parts within each that I don't like (such as one extremely
            > sexist
            > > > sentence in Inca Gold), but overall, I've loved them all.
            > Several
            > > > I've read many times over (Inca Gold, I think I've read four
            or
            > > five
            > > > times), and hopefully will do the same with the rest of them.
            > > > There's just that pesky little thing called 'real life' that
            > keeps
            > > > interfering...
            > > >
            > > > I, too, have enjoyed the Juan Cabrillo series. Lots of
            > characters
            > > > to keep straight in those! I'm ever grateful for the list of
            > the
            > > > cast of characters that is provided in the front of that
            > > series. :)
            > > >

            > > > --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "James"
            > > <covediver@y...>
            > paperback