Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Re: My First CC book

  • CJ Chandler
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2005
      YES! Finally someone who feels the way I do. Kurt Austin books are my favorites.

      flutefacekk <KathyKirchner@...> wrote: I may be in the minority, but I really *like* the Kurt Austin
      books. Sometimes I get a little jarred out of the reading
      experience by incomplete sentences, etc, but I still really enjoy
      reading them. I am a huge fan of his 'sidekick' Joe Zavala, and
      would like to see more of him.

      Are there going to be more Kurt Austin books?

      I have yet to be disappointed by a Clive Cussler book. There may be
      parts within each that I don't like (such as one extremely sexist
      sentence in Inca Gold), but overall, I've loved them all. Several
      I've read many times over (Inca Gold, I think I've read four or five
      times), and hopefully will do the same with the rest of them.
      There's just that pesky little thing called 'real life' that keeps
      interfering...

      I, too, have enjoyed the Juan Cabrillo series. Lots of characters
      to keep straight in those! I'm ever grateful for the list of the
      cast of characters that is provided in the front of that series. :)

      --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "James" <covediver@y...>
      wrote:
      > My first cc book was Raise the Titanic which I read in paperback
      way
      > back in 1977, having borrowed a copy from someone at work. Pretty
      > exciting stuff. I lost contact with the series until 1984, when I
      > rediscovered the author because of my interest in scuba diving and
      > shipwrecks. I have been hooked ever since, but I did feel like
      the
      > plots were getting too formulaic. The last book changed my mind.
      It
      > was one of the better cc stories.
      >
      > I like the spinoff Juan Cabrillo series, great action adventure.
      Kurt
      > Austin didn't live up to the promise of the author's previous
      works.

    • lizard_tbone
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2005
        I like the Kurt Austin books as well. I like how they run into each
        other for a few minutes. It gives more of the NUMA world.

        ~Lizard~

        --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, CJ Chandler

        Service.

      • flutefacekk
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 5, 2005
          I agree. I like it when all the characters meet up - it sort of
          ties all the stories together. One of my favorite things about
          Clive Cussler books is whenever 'character' Clive Cussler shows up.
          I always get a giggle out of it...

          --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, lizard_tbone

        • Melissa
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 8, 2005
            My first one was Raise the Titanic! as well. I do like the Kurt Austin
            books, not nearly as much as I like the Dirk Pitt ones though.

            Melissa
          • lizard_tbone
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 31, 2005
              So do I! I finished Black Wind this past week while on vacation and
              when the CC character showed up, I giggled a bit and had this big
              grin on my face, cause I knew who he was before he said his name.
              My husband looked at me strangely when I did.

              --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "flutefacekk"

            • David Hay
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 1, 2005
                HA! I just finished Black Wind also and I know exactly what you mean cause
                as soon as he pulled up in the Junk I new, as you new, he was him. I also
                giggled and told my wife. She called me a "Geek" and went back to sleep !!!
                LOL :)

                Dave

                <KathyKirchner@m...> wrote:
                > I agree. I like it when all the characters meet up - it sort of
                > ties all the stories together. One of my favorite things about
                > Clive Cussler books is whenever 'character' Clive Cussler shows
                up.
                > I always get a giggle out of it...
                >

                > --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, lizard_tbone
                > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                > > I like the Kurt Austin books as well. I like how they run into
                > each
                > > other for a few minutes. It gives more of the NUMA world.
                > >
                > > ~Lizard~
                > >

                > > --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, CJ Chandler
                > > <hairlesspawn@y...> wrote:
                > > > YES! Finally someone who feels the way I do. Kurt Austin books
                > are
                > > my favorites.
                > > >
                > > > flutefacekk <KathyKirchner@m...> wrote: I may be in the
                > minority,
                > > but I really *like* the Kurt Austin
                > > > books. Sometimes I get a little jarred out of the reading
                > > > experience by incomplete sentences, etc, but I still really
                > enjoy
                > > > reading them. I am a huge fan of his 'sidekick' Joe Zavala,
                and
                > > > would like to see more of him.
                > > >
                > > > Are there going to be more Kurt Austin books?
                > > >
                > > > I have yet to be disappointed by a Clive Cussler book. There
                > may
                > > be
                > > > parts within each that I don't like (such as one extremely
                > sexist
                > > > sentence in Inca Gold), but overall, I've loved them all.
                > Several
                > > > I've read many times over (Inca Gold, I think I've read four
                or
                > > five
                > > > times), and hopefully will do the same with the rest of them.
                > > > There's just that pesky little thing called 'real life' that
                > keeps
                > > > interfering...
                > > >
                > > > I, too, have enjoyed the Juan Cabrillo series. Lots of
                > characters
                > > > to keep straight in those! I'm ever grateful for the list of
                > the
                > > > cast of characters that is provided in the front of that
                > > series. :)
                > > >

                > > > --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "James"
                > > <covediver@y...>
                > paperback