Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Re: My First CC book

  • Audralee Thorpe
    Message 1 of 8 , May 31, 2005
      I want to say Golden Buddah is the other one. So far I think that there are
      only 2 Oregon Files out. Someone help me if I'm wrong because I'll go buy
      it. Living on an island, I'm somewhat behind the times.

      >From: pascalbear@...
      >To: clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Re: My First CC book
      >Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 12:44:28 EDT
      >

      >In a message dated 5/29/2005 12:29:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      >silkwinddachs@... writes:
      >
      >Being the pest I am, what are some of the titles within the Oregon Files
      >series
      >

      >The only other one is Scared Stone published late last year I think. I
      >don't
      >think there is another one. He did however write a number of other books
      >with the same author Craig Dirgo if I memory is correct. I think it was
      >the Sea
      >Hunters I and II. I hope this Oregon files series will continue.
      >
      >Pascalbear@...
      >

      >Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections,
      >predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for
      >people to
      >live up to.
      >--Alfred A. Montapert

    • flutefacekk
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 5, 2005
        It wasn't a sexual comment, it was sexist. I don't have the book
        right in front of me at the moment to quote exactly, but it was
        referring to Beverly Swain (one of the agents searching Rummel's
        apartment) and a mirror. It said "As a woman, she was instinctively
        drawn to it."

        I just thought that was kind of sexist (not enough to make me steam,
        but it jumped out at me). Not all women are narcissistic -
        personally, I tend to avoid mirrors whenever possible! :)

        Again, though, I love Clive Cussler's writing overall. That
        sentence just stuck in my mind ever since I read it the first time.

        --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "Nancy Silk"

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 5, 2005
          Interesting...I never caught that comment. But I can see where he may have
          presented this comment merely as a bit of humor. My husband can't pass a
          mirror without stopping to check himself! LOL Like you, I avoid mirrors
          when possible! LOL