Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Pusser's Rum

    Message 1 of 1 , May 12, 2005
      Carolena,
      Unfortunately, I'm held captive now for 16 years in the mountains of Utah.
      But hubby and I lived for over 10 years on our 35-foot
      heavy displacement, ocean-going sloop in the Sacramento Delta.
      We did quite a bit of coastal sailing between Drake's Bay and Monterey, but
      never realized our dreams of further cruising.
      It just became too unrealistic for many reasons. That should be a nice
      cruise all downhill from Victoria. But....the return will be quite a
      struggle unless one opted to cruise to Hawaii and then back to Victoria. I
      miss that life style in many ways. Yesterday on the 'Today' show, a woman
      got to live her dream of seeing the Humpback whales up close and personal.
      Made me cry.... There is so much to see and hear out on the ocean, and it's
      amazing how comfortable one can become on the ocean when one cuts the land
      ties.

      Nancy Silk
      For good books, shop at
      www.half.ebay.com/shops/shops.jsp?member_name=silkwinddach