Re: For those wishing to send a get well card...

  • flutefacekk
    Message 1 of 3 , May 11 4:14 PM
      Unfortunately, I don't get over here to post as often as I'd like, so
      I'm a tad bit behind here....

      First off, Carolena, thank you for letting us know about Mr. Cussler's
      health. I'm *very* glad to hear that he's doing well and in good
      spirits. I'd also like to say thanks for keeping us in touch with the
      real world of CC - I think it's fair to say that some of us envy you!
      I think he's a wonderful author who also seems like a very generous
      and genuine person. His books have given me so much pleasure over the
      years that even though I'm a writer myself (amateur only), I can't
      find the words to sufficiently express how much they've meant. And to
      think that had he not written a book called "Inca Gold", I might never
      have discovered him. Scary thought!

      Second, is it truly all right to send a card to him? I just hate to
      intrude on anyone's life, especially a celebrity who has no idea who I
      am, but I would like to let him know I'm thinking of him.

      --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, carolena5214
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Thank you, Nancy, Papa Jim, Chris Lopatosky, Lara Marchesi, and all
      > those who have sent their get well wishes for Clive Cussler through
      > me. For the rest who would like to send Clive a get well note,
      please
      > send to his Post Office Box: PO Box # 5059 Scottsdale, AZ 85261
      >
      > He is doing much, much better; when I spoke to him Tuesday he was in
      > really good spirits. I know that your prayers and thoughts will
      mean
      > a lot to him.
      >
      > Cheers!
    • Warren Lee
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 30, 2007
        Just finished The Navigator.

        I have two comments:
        1. I love Clive's books because they are clean of no foul language.
        But, what's with the new book and having some foul language in it?
        This is the first book I've read by him with it in there.
        I think its because its co-authored and not fully written by him.

        2. When did the NUMA Headquarters move to Arlington VA?
        In all the books its been in Washington DC.

        Other than the language, still a good read!
        Got it at a great price from half.com.

        Take Care and God Bless,
        Warren