Reply to Warren

  • carolena5214
    Message 1 of 2 , May 7, 2005
      First, Warren, God bless you for all you do to keep our country safe.
      Thank you!
      As to your question about "passing the torch", the idea was that Clive
      and Dirk Cussler would write a few books together and if they were
      well received then Dirk would continue the Dirk Pitt (R) franchise.
      So, it depends on all Clive's fans as to what happens next but I am
      sure that there will be at least one more CC/DC collaboration.
      I will pass your get well wishes along to Clive the next time I speak
      to him.
      You would enjoy the movie, Warren. In it, Dirk and Al are Navy
      veterans; not Air Force Veterans. Why? Who knows. Maybe the Air
      Force did not want to cooperate with the producers. I know that
      SAHARA is playing throughout Europe so perhaps you can get leave and
      see it in the UK? Or maybe one of the countries has English subtitles?
      Take care of yourself, Warren, and be safe.
    • lizard_tbone
      Message 2 of 2 , May 12, 2005
        From what I've read on other forums that aren't Cussler related, the
        Air Force are sticklers for recognition, meaning they have to have it
        their way. I remember pictures in the beginning of the movie of them
        in their uniforms. With Stargate SG1, they had to start using the Air
        Force patches because of some of the members of the SG teams were Air
        Force. So maybe the Navy is more lenient and figures that any
        publicity is good publicity. *shrugs* But what do I know.

        ~Lizard~

        --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, carolena5214