Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] DeRuvo is rubbish!

  • lizard_tbone
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4 9:24 PM
      Even though everyone seemed to have hated Titanic, I actually enjoyed
      it. Sad, but true. When I had first reading Cussler's books, I was
      19 years old and having a hard time making that transition from young
      adult books to adult books because I just couldn't find anything I
      liked. While at work one day I happened to be looking through the
      book section and come across Raise the Titantic. I was like.. hmm...
      interesting. I had been interested in the Titanic for years so this
      definitely caught my attention. Bought it, read it, loved it! Loved
      it so much I was at Barnes & Nobles buying what they had and ordering
      what they didn't. When I found out there was a movie... while
      cruising through the video rental area of where I worked, I flipped
      out. "OMG!" Yeah.. got a lot of stares. I think I was more excited
      that a book that I loved had been made into a movie.

      I've always been a fan of Indiana Jones and James Bond and I saw the
      book and all the rest, a mix of both. Like I said before, Dirk Pitt
      is a modern day Indiana Jones. I'd love to have all the books in
      hardback, but I think my husband would kill me from all the money I'd
      spend in replacing my paperbacks... hehe. I'd even love a signed
      copy, but they go for way too much on eBay, unfortunately.

      I loved Sahara, the movie, and can't wait to be able to buy it on DVD
      and the soundtrack. The music was perfect! You can't put a whole
      book into a movie... or you'd end up with a Miniseries on TV. I can't
      wait for another book to be made into a movie and if it happens, I
      hope they us all the same actors!

      ~Lizard~
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4 10:02 PM
        When people have first hand knowlege if whats happening its hard to
        argue with them when you dont. just looking in from the outside like
        the rest of us do. I still dont think that Zahn is Al he doesnt have
        the look the body or the mannerism of Al and I think that stupid
        look he had on his face for most of the movie turned me off on him.
        overall it was a good film and I will buy it when it comes out. I
        hope that when another one is made they get a better AL and give
        Rudy the role he deserves. but hey thats my opinion. I hope that CC
        is doing well and he is back on his feet soon. and this DeRuvo who
        is he? I have over 500 posting over more than a few years from this
        club and I've never saw his name before. must be some new guy that
        came across the club and thought he might stir it up a little. so I
        dont care what he says but he does have a right to say what he
        wants. Just as all of us do
        Baba

        --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, lizard_tbone

        Message 3 of 4 , May 4 10:04 PM
          Lizard,
          Try www.half.com for good buys in books. The shipping/handling is fixed; a
          much better place than E-Bay because of the exorbitant shipping/handling
          charges. I've found great buys for years and now am selling books from my
          cousin's huge collection. I do have some books of Clive Cusslers listed.

          Nancy Silk
          Half.com shop: Silkwinddach

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/CkIolB/TM