Response to Nancy Silk and all other inquiring minds...

  • carolena5214
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4, 2005
      Clive Cussler has not seen SAHARA. Unfortunately, a few days before
      the red carpet premiere, I'm now free to let you know, Clive had
      quintuple bypass surgery. During the course of the surgery he also
      had a collapsed lung. Even 'though Clive denies it, I have always
      thought he was "Clark Kent" to Dirk Pitt's (R) "Super Man". Well,
      Clive is now Super Man! In spite of the complications, he is doing
      well; sounding stronger every day and hopefully will be back to his
      old self within six months or a year. Because, as you can imagine,
      this is a very serious surgery, Clive cannot get out in public for a
      while and be exposed to germs. However, that said, because of the
      SAHARA lawsuit, I do not think Clive was planning to see the film.
      No, Nancy, from our conversations, even 'though he has not seen the
      film, he is not as disappointed with SAHARA as he was with RAISE THE
      TITANIC which was pretty much awful from start to finish--the only
      thing Clive really liked about that film was the score! Just the
      fact that new fans are already buying his books in several languages
      and that the film is doing so well at the Box Office should be
      encouraging to him. Since the only firm I represent who has the
      slightest tie in to SAHARA is DOXA Watches, I do not know how saying
      that I personally enjoyed the film means that I am "just" being a
      flack. There are some who feel I should not participate in these
      forums as a fan--which I have been since 1982--which is why I do not
      go to the Simon & Schuster site. However, when things show up in my
      mail box there are times I must respond. Thank you, Nancy, for your
      civility and what appears to be your genuine concern for Clive
      Cussler, the man. I feel exactly the same. Cheers!
    • wask21
      Message 2 of 2 , May 7, 2005
        Carolena.... let me say as the found and cheif of this group, your opinion and news is
        always welcome here... THANKS FOR THE INPUT!