Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] DeRuvo is rubbish!

    Message 1 of 4 , May 4 3:14 PM
      Carolena,

      Clap, Clap!!

      Bottom line -- can you tell us if Clive Cussler is pleased with the motion
      picture? I hope he is, because as I said before, they caught his essense of
      history and humour in the adventure.
      He just has to smile a bit to know that people still want to see his film
      after so many weeks. I don't see him disheartened about Sahara like he was
      with Raise the Titanic (I personally know how disappointed he was with that
      movie...as he revealed to me)

      Nancy Silk
      For good books, shop at
      www.half.ebay.com/shops/shops.jsp?member_name=silkwinddach

    • lizard_tbone
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4 9:24 PM
        Even though everyone seemed to have hated Titanic, I actually enjoyed
        it. Sad, but true. When I had first reading Cussler's books, I was
        19 years old and having a hard time making that transition from young
        adult books to adult books because I just couldn't find anything I
        liked. While at work one day I happened to be looking through the
        book section and come across Raise the Titantic. I was like.. hmm...
        interesting. I had been interested in the Titanic for years so this
        definitely caught my attention. Bought it, read it, loved it! Loved
        it so much I was at Barnes & Nobles buying what they had and ordering
        what they didn't. When I found out there was a movie... while
        cruising through the video rental area of where I worked, I flipped
        out. "OMG!" Yeah.. got a lot of stares. I think I was more excited
        that a book that I loved had been made into a movie.

        I've always been a fan of Indiana Jones and James Bond and I saw the
        book and all the rest, a mix of both. Like I said before, Dirk Pitt
        is a modern day Indiana Jones. I'd love to have all the books in
        hardback, but I think my husband would kill me from all the money I'd
        spend in replacing my paperbacks... hehe. I'd even love a signed
        copy, but they go for way too much on eBay, unfortunately.

        I loved Sahara, the movie, and can't wait to be able to buy it on DVD
        and the soundtrack. The music was perfect! You can't put a whole
        book into a movie... or you'd end up with a Miniseries on TV. I can't
        wait for another book to be made into a movie and if it happens, I
        hope they us all the same actors!

        ~Lizard~
        Message 3 of 4 , May 4 10:02 PM
          When people have first hand knowlege if whats happening its hard to
          argue with them when you dont. just looking in from the outside like
          the rest of us do. I still dont think that Zahn is Al he doesnt have
          the look the body or the mannerism of Al and I think that stupid
          look he had on his face for most of the movie turned me off on him.
          overall it was a good film and I will buy it when it comes out. I
          hope that when another one is made they get a better AL and give
          Rudy the role he deserves. but hey thats my opinion. I hope that CC
          is doing well and he is back on his feet soon. and this DeRuvo who
          is he? I have over 500 posting over more than a few years from this
          club and I've never saw his name before. must be some new guy that
          came across the club and thought he might stir it up a little. so I
          dont care what he says but he does have a right to say what he
          wants. Just as all of us do
          Baba

          --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, lizard_tbone

          Message 4 of 4 , May 4 10:04 PM
            Lizard,
            Try www.half.com for good buys in books. The shipping/handling is fixed; a
            much better place than E-Bay because of the exorbitant shipping/handling
            charges. I've found great buys for years and now am selling books from my
            cousin's huge collection. I do have some books of Clive Cusslers listed.

            Nancy Silk
            Half.com shop: Silkwinddach

            http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/CkIolB/TM