RE: [Clive Cussler fan club] SAHARA review by Mouse Lady

  • Randy Wagner
    Message 1 of 6 , May 4 1:08 PM
      some of those same things

      are on cusslermen.com

      _____

      From: clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of James DeRuvo
      Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 1:04 PM
      To: clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] SAHARA review by Mouse Lady

      RUBBISH. I know personally that McConnaughy persued
      the roll for several years. Clive did not seek MM
      out. It was the other way around. And MMs goal was
      to play Pitt. Cussler took no exception, mind you,
      especially after Jackman bowed out, I wish he had, but
      to say that Cussler personally chose McConnaughy just
      isn't the truth.

      <<Matthew McConaughey was an executive producer on
      SAHARA ...
      Matthew did not cast himself as Dirk Pitt (R); Clive
      Cussler
      personally chose Matthew McConaughey for the role
      after Hugh Jackman
      chose to do a Broadway play (The Boy from OZ) and
      wanted to postpone
      production of the move for another year.>>

      I have no arguement here. Macy WAS Sandecker in my
      mind.

      <<William Macy was Clive Cussler's personal choice for
      Sandecker, always.>>

      Come on, Carolena. Get out of yoru PR mode and give
      the facts for once.

      Zahn CAMPAIGNED for the roll. Wanted to play it and
      personally lobbied Cussler for it. Apparently, he won
      Clive over. Unfortuanately.

      <<Steve Zahn was personally chosen by Clive Cussler
      for the role of Al.
      Zahn promised he would get a perm and die his hair
      black--which
      obviously did not happen--but Zahn was Clive's
      personal choice.>>

      You are such a PR hack, Carolena. I'm sorry. I had a
      great deal of respect for you before this film. But
      you have totally sold out on SAHARA. You aren't
      telling the whole truth here.

      And I know it FIRST HAND.

      <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .