RE: [Clive Cussler fan club] SAHARA review by Mouse Lady

  • a ma
    Message 1 of 6 , May 3, 2005
      Aren't the ideas of yahoogroups about opinions? I liked the movie but, liked the book a whole lot more.

      Randy Wagner <Randy.L.Wagner@...> wrote:
      sorry for all the bad opinions

      i gave

      randy

      _____

      Message 2 of 6 , May 3, 2005
        Haa Haa,
        Thanks for your fine rebuttal. I could no way go to the movie to compare
        with the novel. I just wanted to go see a movie worth seeing. And it was.

        Nancy Silk
        For good books, shop at
        www.half.ebay.com/shops/shops.jsp?member_name=silkwinddach
[...]

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/CkIolB/TM

      • James DeRuvo
        Message 3 of 6 , May 4, 2005
          RUBBISH. I know personally that McConnaughy persued
          the roll for several years. Clive did not seek MM
          out. It was the other way around. And MMs goal was
          to play Pitt. Cussler took no exception, mind you,
          especially after Jackman bowed out, I wish he had, but
          to say that Cussler personally chose McConnaughy just
          isn't the truth.

          <<Matthew McConaughey was an executive producer on
          SAHARA ...
          Matthew did not cast himself as Dirk Pitt (R); Clive
          Cussler
          personally chose Matthew McConaughey for the role
          after Hugh Jackman
          chose to do a Broadway play (The Boy from OZ) and
          wanted to postpone
          production of the move for another year.>>

          I have no arguement here. Macy WAS Sandecker in my
          mind.

          <<William Macy was Clive Cussler's personal choice for
          Sandecker, always.>>

          Come on, Carolena. Get out of yoru PR mode and give
          the facts for once.

          Zahn CAMPAIGNED for the roll. Wanted to play it and
          personally lobbied Cussler for it. Apparently, he won
          Clive over. Unfortuanately.

          <<Steve Zahn was personally chosen by Clive Cussler
          for the role of Al.
          Zahn promised he would get a perm and die his hair
          black--which
          obviously did not happen--but Zahn was Clive's
          personal choice.>>

          You are such a PR hack, Carolena. I'm sorry. I had a
          great deal of respect for you before this film. But
          you have totally sold out on SAHARA. You aren't
          telling the whole truth here.

          And I know it FIRST HAND.

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Randy Wagner