RE: [Clive Cussler fan club] SAHARA review by Mouse Lady

  • Randy Wagner
    Message 1 of 6 , May 3 9:15 AM
      sorry for all the bad opinions

      i gave

      randy

      _____

      From: clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of carolena5214
      Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 9:10 AM
      To: clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Clive Cussler fan club] SAHARA review by Mouse Lady

      Matthew McConaughey was an executive producer on SAHARA, not a
      director.

      The film was directed by Breck Eisner.

      Matthew did not cast himself as Dirk Pitt (R); Clive Cussler
      personally chose Matthew McConaughey for the role after Hugh Jackman
      chose to do a Broadway play (The Boy from OZ) and wanted to postpone
      production of the move for another year.

      William Macy was Clive Cussler's personal choice for Sandecker, always.

      Steve Zahn was personally chosen by Clive Cussler for the role of Al.
      Zahn promised he would get a perm and die his hair black--which
      obviously did not happen--but Zahn was Clive's personal choice.

      Interestingly, the real Al Giordano, on whom Al Giordino is based,
      liked the job that Zahn did once he got past Zahn's surfer boy
      appearance.

      Since the film is still in the top five after more than four weeks,
      something must be right.

      Get your facts right, Guys and Gals, or Sister St. Kevin, will get her
      ruler out.

      Carolena

      _____

      <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

    • a ma
      Message 2 of 6 , May 3 6:07 PM
        Aren't the ideas of yahoogroups about opinions? I liked the movie but, liked the book a whole lot more.

        Message 3 of 6 , May 3 7:22 PM
          Haa Haa,
          Thanks for your fine rebuttal. I could no way go to the movie to compare
          with the novel. I just wanted to go see a movie worth seeing. And it was.

          Nancy Silk
          For good books, shop at
          www.half.ebay.com/shops/shops.jsp?member_name=silkwinddach
[...]

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/CkIolB/TM

        • James DeRuvo
          Message 4 of 6 , May 4 1:04 PM
            RUBBISH. I know personally that McConnaughy persued
            the roll for several years. Clive did not seek MM
            out. It was the other way around. And MMs goal was
            to play Pitt. Cussler took no exception, mind you,
            especially after Jackman bowed out, I wish he had, but
            to say that Cussler personally chose McConnaughy just
            isn't the truth.

            <<Matthew McConaughey was an executive producer on
            SAHARA ...
            Matthew did not cast himself as Dirk Pitt (R); Clive
            Cussler
            personally chose Matthew McConaughey for the role
            after Hugh Jackman
            chose to do a Broadway play (The Boy from OZ) and
            wanted to postpone
            production of the move for another year.>>

            I have no arguement here. Macy WAS Sandecker in my
            mind.

            <<William Macy was Clive Cussler's personal choice for
            Sandecker, always.>>

            Come on, Carolena. Get out of yoru PR mode and give
            the facts for once.

            Zahn CAMPAIGNED for the roll. Wanted to play it and
            personally lobbied Cussler for it. Apparently, he won
            Clive over. Unfortuanately.

            <<Steve Zahn was personally chosen by Clive Cussler
            for the role of Al.
            Zahn promised he would get a perm and die his hair
            black--which
            obviously did not happen--but Zahn was Clive's
            personal choice.>>

            You are such a PR hack, Carolena. I'm sorry. I had a
            great deal of respect for you before this film. But
            you have totally sold out on SAHARA. You aren't
            telling the whole truth here.

            And I know it FIRST HAND.

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Randy Wagner