SAHARA review by Mouse Lady

  • carolena5214
    Message 1 of 6 , May 3, 2005
      Matthew McConaughey was an executive producer on SAHARA, not a
      director.

      The film was directed by Breck Eisner.

      Matthew did not cast himself as Dirk Pitt (R); Clive Cussler
      personally chose Matthew McConaughey for the role after Hugh Jackman
      chose to do a Broadway play (The Boy from OZ) and wanted to postpone
      production of the move for another year.

      William Macy was Clive Cussler's personal choice for Sandecker, always.

      Steve Zahn was personally chosen by Clive Cussler for the role of Al.
      Zahn promised he would get a perm and die his hair black--which
      obviously did not happen--but Zahn was Clive's personal choice.

      Interestingly, the real Al Giordano, on whom Al Giordino is based,
      liked the job that Zahn did once he got past Zahn's surfer boy
      appearance.

      Since the film is still in the top five after more than four weeks,
      something must be right.

      Get your facts right, Guys and Gals, or Sister St. Kevin, will get her
      ruler out.

      Carolena
    • Randy Wagner
      Message 2 of 6 , May 3, 2005
        sorry for all the bad opinions

        i gave

        randy

        _____

[...]

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • a ma
        Message 3 of 6 , May 3, 2005
          Aren't the ideas of yahoogroups about opinions? I liked the movie but, liked the book a whole lot more.

          Message 4 of 6 , May 3, 2005
            Haa Haa,
            Thanks for your fine rebuttal. I could no way go to the movie to compare
            with the novel. I just wanted to go see a movie worth seeing. And it was.

            Nancy Silk
            For good books, shop at
            www.half.ebay.com/shops/shops.jsp?member_name=silkwinddach
[...]

            http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/CkIolB/TM

          • James DeRuvo
            Message 5 of 6 , May 4, 2005
              RUBBISH. I know personally that McConnaughy persued
              the roll for several years. Clive did not seek MM
              out. It was the other way around. And MMs goal was
              to play Pitt. Cussler took no exception, mind you,
              especially after Jackman bowed out, I wish he had, but
              to say that Cussler personally chose McConnaughy just
              isn't the truth.

              <<Matthew McConaughey was an executive producer on
              SAHARA ...
              Matthew did not cast himself as Dirk Pitt (R); Clive
              Cussler
              personally chose Matthew McConaughey for the role
              after Hugh Jackman
              chose to do a Broadway play (The Boy from OZ) and
              wanted to postpone
              production of the move for another year.>>

              I have no arguement here. Macy WAS Sandecker in my
              mind.

              <<William Macy was Clive Cussler's personal choice for
              Sandecker, always.>>

              Come on, Carolena. Get out of yoru PR mode and give
              the facts for once.

              Zahn CAMPAIGNED for the roll. Wanted to play it and
              personally lobbied Cussler for it. Apparently, he won
              Clive over. Unfortuanately.

              <<Steve Zahn was personally chosen by Clive Cussler
              for the role of Al.
              Zahn promised he would get a perm and die his hair
              black--which
              obviously did not happen--but Zahn was Clive's
              personal choice.>>

              You are such a PR hack, Carolena. I'm sorry. I had a
              great deal of respect for you before this film. But
              you have totally sold out on SAHARA. You aren't
              telling the whole truth here.

              And I know it FIRST HAND.

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Randy Wagner