Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Sahara

  • a ma
    Message 1 of 8 , May 3 3:01 AM
      I agree completely. When the previews came out I was disappointed at the actor that potrayed Al, I was evev more disappointed in the way Rudy Gunn was. It wasn't a bad movie, unless you read the book.

      mouselady1230 <annehollingsworth@...> wrote:My husband and I saw Sahara over the weekend and while we both enjoyed
      it, I thought the character who play Al Giordino was way miscast! I
      expected someone who would actually look like Al; this guy was not
      even close. I think Matthew Mc. was a pretty good Dirk and William
      Macy did a good job as the Admiral and if any more movies are being
      made, then they both should have their careers taken care of. (I know,
      I'm not supposed to end a sentence in a preposition and my 4th grade
      English teacher, Sister St. Kevin, would be getting out her ruler!)

    • Randy W.
      Message 2 of 8 , May 3 7:49 AM
        couldn't agree with you more

        matt's directorial debut left much to be desired

        and casting himself as the 'dirk pitt'

        was his first big mistake

        the rest of the casting was iffy at best although the acting

        was good

        had it not been labeled 'a dirk pitt adventure' it would have been at
        least tolerable.

        --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, a ma <orinkni@y...> wrote:
        > I agree completely. When the previews came out I was disappointed
        at the actor that potrayed Al, I was evev more disappointed in the
        way Rudy Gunn was. It wasn't a bad movie, unless you read the book.

        > mouselady1230 <annehollingsworth@p...> wrote:My husband and I saw
        Sahara over the weekend and while we both enjoyed
        > it, I thought the character who play Al Giordino was way miscast!
        > expected someone who would actually look like Al; this guy was not
        > even close. I think Matthew Mc. was a pretty good Dirk and William
        > Macy did a good job as the Admiral and if any more movies are being
        > made, then they both should have their careers taken care of. (I
        know,
        > I'm not supposed to end a sentence in a preposition and my 4th
        grade
        > English teacher, Sister St. Kevin, would be getting out her ruler!)

        Service.