Re: "Sahara" -- The Movie

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2005
      Hubby and I went to see "Sahara" this afternoon. The 1 p.m. matinee was
      pretty much full for our little valley community. The audience seemed to be
      really pulled into the movie and enjoyed it.
      We went to see the movie not to compare it with his book, but to see if the
      essence of Cussler's adventurous story was pulled off.
      We were impressed. A tremendous action movie I think will get 2 thumbs up.
      The cast did a good job, but I was disappointed in their personal interviews
      on the tv talk shows over the last two weeks because I don't recall any of
      them discussing who wrote the story -- Clive Cussler. But, maybe they were
      gagged from doing so because of the pending law suit. I liked the 'touches
      of Cussler that were identifiable throughout the movie -- his humor, his
      vintage car at the end of the movie reminded me of his photos on the back of
      his book jackets. We think that the industry did good on "Sahara" and
      should bring a little joy to the 'grumpy ol' guy!!' LOL (Cussler is dear
      to our hearts!)

      Nancy Silk
      For good books, shop at
      www.half.ebay.com/shops/shops.jsp?member_name=silkwinddach