The Movie

  • stillgame1961
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 8 11:13 AM
      I've been to see the movie.While certain aspects of the book are
      there,the actual story has been slightly changed.The main theme seems
      to be the hunt for the Texas with the red tide story a sideline.
      Also while Kitty Manncocks'aeroplane is there,no mention of who it
      belonged to is inferred.If you've read the book you know where it fits
      in.If not then you're non-plussed.Also there is no mention of the
      UNICRATT being involved.
      While the film will be disappointing to Dirk Pitt fans it is not
      altogether a bad movie.Think Raise the Titanic,but this is better than
      that.A couple of the characters are portrayed differently in the
      fil;Rudi Gunn comes across as Joey,Al just isn't right.Even the
      portrayal of Dirk comes across as more interested in the gold than
      anything else.
      Hopefully if there is another film it will stay closer to the
      book.But I won't hold my breath.These type of films are made for a
      bigger audience than afficionadas of the books.Also it was reported
      that Clive was going to take more control over the storyline and the
      casting.What Happened?
    • lizard_tbone
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 10 10:11 AM
        I've seen the movie twice, and each time I enjoyed it. It's like a
        modern day Indiana Jones movie. It's been so long since I read the
        book that I can't remember it, so I wasn't comparing each other. I
        wasn't disappointed at all. Even though the guy playing Al wasn't
        what I'd envision, the actors did a good job. The worked well
        together. I never thought once that Dirk was more interested in the
        gold than finding the boat. Even though I thought Sandecker could have
        been a bit more anal, the way he played fit right in with everyone
        else in the movie. I'll be buying this when it comes out on DVD and
        the soundtrack. The music used complimented the movie very well.

        Now if you'll excuse me, I have this urge to go read the book again.

        ~Lizard~
      • James DeRuvo
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 11 8:52 AM
          Paramout plant alert!

[...]

          http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
        • lizard_tbone
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 14 8:34 PM
            o_O Nope, but I do work for a company that is contracted by either
            the movie companies or the theaters... I'm really not sure to tell you
            the truth... and yeah, I was working that movie on opening night and
            the night after.

            ~Lizard~

            --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, James DeRuvo