Re: Sahara review

  • ladymaxie14
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 13, 2005
      Hello,

      I, too, was at the Preview Showing in Walnut Creek. Actually, I was
      one of the organizers of the event. I do not know if the author of
      this review remembers me, but I did tell him, that although I was
      avid reader, I was not a Clive Cussler Book "person".
      I must agree that Mr. babaoriely767's review of the movie is right
      on the money, from an overall perspective. However, since I have
      not read the book, I can not attest to the purity of the script.
      It was definitely action packed.
      I plan to get a couple of Mr.Cussler's works and join you folks.

      Best Regards,

      --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, babaoriely76
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:

      > OK here it is, the first "Sahara" Review to hit the club.
      > Just back from an advance preview of "Sahara". First of all
      > the
      > Admr. and Rudy were weak, Rudy very weak. And Steve Zahn is not
      Al,
      > when he got in a tight spot he would get this stupid look on his
      > face. They did have a good banter between each other. And Matthew
      > McConaughy did a decent job of Dirk. Although he had on this
      > Necklace through the movie that I didn't like. And he had that
      > Texas
      > accent. Penelope Cruz was good as Dr, Eva Rojas. They also
      > portrayed NUMA as treasure hunters not Scientist But what the hell.
      > The story was close but changed as we all heard. I wont give to
      much
      > away you all have to see it. They had this thing with a part of a
      > truck that went to far. I would have liked to see… nope cant tell
      > you any more….
      > The action scenes were good, Dirk's fight scene's was filmed
      > in a
      > jerky style and you didn't see Al get in any fist fights' as
      > I saw
      > Dirk get in.
      > Overall there are better people that could have played the parts.
      > And some parts should have been stronger. I would give it about a
      6,
      > 61/2 on the 10 scale. Someone that didn't know the book would
      > give
      > it higher marks. But we're spoiled we read all his book and know
      > how
      > it should have been done
      > So much for my first movie review. How I do?
      > Baba
    • kimberly95118
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 14, 2005
        <That little slip up about the halibut
        fishing really got him.

        What was the slip up about the halibut? Just curious.
        Kim
      • Audralee Thorpe
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 21, 2005
          Well, commercial fishermen long line for halibut. They don't swim in
          schools they are bottom fish related to flounder. It might be better to
          think of them as giant flounder because we catch them anywhere from 50 to
          378 lbs each. The best one might do is hit a chick hole. Chicks are
          considered 20lbs and under. Most the fishermen I know want to know where to
          find those schooling halibut because halibut pay $6.00 a pound.