tour...

  • lisarpt
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 8, 2005
      Where do I get a calendar of Clive and Dirk's book signing tour??
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 8, 2005
        OK here it is, the first "Sahara" Review to hit the club.
        Just back from an advance preview of "Sahara". First of all
        the
        Admr. and Rudy were weak, Rudy very weak. And Steve Zahn is not Al,
        when he got in a tight spot he would get this stupid look on his
        face. They did have a good banter between each other. And Matthew
        McConaughy did a decent job of Dirk. Although he had on this
        Necklace through the movie that I didn't like. And he had that
        Texas
        accent. Penelope Cruz was good as Dr, Eva Rojas. They also
        portrayed NUMA as treasure hunters not Scientist But what the hell.
        The story was close but changed as we all heard. I wont give to much
        away you all have to see it. They had this thing with a part of a
        truck that went to far. I would have liked to see… nope cant tell
        you any more….
        The action scenes were good, Dirk's fight scene's was filmed
        in a
        jerky style and you didn't see Al get in any fist fights' as
        I saw
        Dirk get in.
        Overall there are better people that could have played the parts.
        And some parts should have been stronger. I would give it about a 6,
        61/2 on the 10 scale. Someone that didn't know the book would
        give
        it higher marks. But we're spoiled we read all his book and know
        how
        it should have been done
        So much for my first movie review. How I do?
        Baba
      • carolena5214
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 9, 2005
          The book tour is over for this year. If there is another book tour
          for the next book, it will be listed on the Penguin Putnam website,
          Clive's publisher.
          --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "lisarpt" <lisarpt@y...>
          wrote:

          > Where do I get a calendar of Clive and Dirk's book signing tour??
        • Audralee Thorpe
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 13, 2005
            I have to admit that I am looking forward to going to the lower 48 so I can
            go see it. Our little 2 screen theater probally won't get it. My husband is
            convinced it can't be as good as the book, but then Black Water left him not
            wanting to read Cussler anymore. That little slip up about the halibut
            fishing really got him. I would love to know where they got that misguided
            information. Unfortunately, since my community is mainly a fishing
            community, that slip turned a lot of local Cussler fans off. So, it's a
            good thing I'm going south so I can see it.

            >From: babaoriely76 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
            >To: clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [Clive Cussler fan club] Sahara review
            >Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 06:40:43 -0000
            >

            >OK here it is, the first "Sahara" Review to hit the club.
            > Just back from an advance preview of "Sahara". First of all
            >the
            >Admr. and Rudy were weak, Rudy very weak. And Steve Zahn is not Al,
            >when he got in a tight spot he would get this stupid look on his
            >face. They did have a good banter between each other. And Matthew
            >McConaughy did a decent job of Dirk. Although he had on this
            >Necklace through the movie that I didn't like. And he had that
            >Texas
            >accent. Penelope Cruz was good as Dr, Eva Rojas. They also
            >portrayed NUMA as treasure hunters not Scientist But what the hell.
            >The story was close but changed as we all heard. I wont give to much
            >away you all have to see it. They had this thing with a part of a
            >truck that went to far. I would have liked to see� nope cant tell
            >you any more�.
            >The action scenes were good, Dirk's fight scene's was filmed
            >in a
            >jerky style and you didn't see Al get in any fist fights' as
            >I saw
            >Dirk get in.
            >Overall there are better people that could have played the parts.
            >And some parts should have been stronger. I would give it about a 6,
            >61/2 on the 10 scale. Someone that didn't know the book would
            >give
            >it higher marks. But we're spoiled we read all his book and know
            >how
            >it should have been done
            >So much for my first movie review. How I do?
            >Baba

          • ladymaxie14
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 13, 2005
              Hello,

              I, too, was at the Preview Showing in Walnut Creek. Actually, I was
              one of the organizers of the event. I do not know if the author of
              this review remembers me, but I did tell him, that although I was
              avid reader, I was not a Clive Cussler Book "person".
              I must agree that Mr. babaoriely767's review of the movie is right
              on the money, from an overall perspective. However, since I have
              not read the book, I can not attest to the purity of the script.
              It was definitely action packed.
              I plan to get a couple of Mr.Cussler's works and join you folks.

              Best Regards,

              --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, babaoriely76
              <no_reply@y...> wrote:

              > OK here it is, the first "Sahara" Review to hit the club.
              > Just back from an advance preview of "Sahara". First of all
              > the
              > Admr. and Rudy were weak, Rudy very weak. And Steve Zahn is not
              Al,
              > when he got in a tight spot he would get this stupid look on his
              > face. They did have a good banter between each other. And Matthew
              > McConaughy did a decent job of Dirk. Although he had on this
              > Necklace through the movie that I didn't like. And he had that
              > Texas
              > accent. Penelope Cruz was good as Dr, Eva Rojas. They also
              > portrayed NUMA as treasure hunters not Scientist But what the hell.
              > The story was close but changed as we all heard. I wont give to
              much
              > away you all have to see it. They had this thing with a part of a
              > truck that went to far. I would have liked to see… nope cant tell
              > you any more….
              > The action scenes were good, Dirk's fight scene's was filmed
              > in a
              > jerky style and you didn't see Al get in any fist fights' as
              > I saw
              > Dirk get in.
              > Overall there are better people that could have played the parts.
              > And some parts should have been stronger. I would give it about a
              6,
              > 61/2 on the 10 scale. Someone that didn't know the book would
              > give
              > it higher marks. But we're spoiled we read all his book and know
              > how
              > it should have been done
              > So much for my first movie review. How I do?
              > Baba
            • kimberly95118
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 14, 2005
                <That little slip up about the halibut
                fishing really got him.

                What was the slip up about the halibut? Just curious.
                Kim
              • Audralee Thorpe
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 21, 2005
                  Well, commercial fishermen long line for halibut. They don't swim in
                  schools they are bottom fish related to flounder. It might be better to
                  think of them as giant flounder because we catch them anywhere from 50 to
                  378 lbs each. The best one might do is hit a chick hole. Chicks are
                  considered 20lbs and under. Most the fishermen I know want to know where to
                  find those schooling halibut because halibut pay $6.00 a pound.