RE: [Clive Cussler fan club] "SAHARA update"

  • Sean Ellis
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 24, 2005
      It's important to remember that, at the time Raise the Titanic was optioned for film, it was just another bestseller with blockbuster potential; it was only the third Dirk Pitt novel in existence, and few could have recognized it's potential as an action franchise. Moreover, RTT and several of the books that followed were styled more like Ludlum's spy-thrillers than action-adventure novels. it's no stretch to say that Cussler has made a lot of new fans in the past decade who are not even aware of the RTT movie, and may not have even read the book. I met some of these at a signing in Portland Oregon--one guy had only read Inca Gold and was hooked.

      Interestingly, the question was posed to Clive: "Why haven't they made a movie of one of your books?"

      A collective groan filled the room.

      Crack the Code!
      THE CLIVE CUSSLER CODE

      Randy Wagner <Randy.L.Wagner@...> wrote:
      look on yahoo movies

      for 'sahara'

      interesting casting

      and

      the trailers i've seen look passable at best

      _____