"SAHARA update"

  • shewolfoflondon2004
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 24, 2005
      I am looking for any source of information relating the movie based
      on one of Clive Cussler's novels,and while I understand that not all
      the readers were satisfied with "Raise The Titanic" I was . Both
      Richard Jordan and Jason Robards,Jr have passed away,and locating an
      actor to fill the role of Dirk Pitt is not an easy task.
      sincerely,ralph cox
    • Randy Wagner
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 24, 2005
        look on yahoo movies

        for 'sahara'

        interesting casting

        and

        the trailers i've seen look passable at best

        _____

        I am looking for any source of information relating the movie based
        on one of Clive Cussler's novels,and while I understand that not all
        the readers were satisfied with "Raise The Titanic" I was . Both
        Richard Jordan and Jason Robards,Jr have passed away,and locating an
        actor to fill the role of Dirk Pitt is not an easy task.
        sincerely,ralph cox

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129e4ejbs/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=gr
        oups/S=1705019650:HM/EXP=1109354544/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http://www.
        netflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075> click here

        :HM/A=2593423/rand=827968477>

        _____

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • Sean Ellis
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 24, 2005
          It's important to remember that, at the time Raise the Titanic was optioned for film, it was just another bestseller with blockbuster potential; it was only the third Dirk Pitt novel in existence, and few could have recognized it's potential as an action franchise. Moreover, RTT and several of the books that followed were styled more like Ludlum's spy-thrillers than action-adventure novels. it's no stretch to say that Cussler has made a lot of new fans in the past decade who are not even aware of the RTT movie, and may not have even read the book. I met some of these at a signing in Portland Oregon--one guy had only read Inca Gold and was hooked.

          Interestingly, the question was posed to Clive: "Why haven't they made a movie of one of your books?"

          A collective groan filled the room.

          Crack the Code!
          THE CLIVE CUSSLER CODE

          Randy Wagner <Randy.L.Wagner@...> wrote:
[...]