Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Movie

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 22, 2005
      No, it's Sahara. I saw the trailer on tv a couple of weeks ago.
      Lots of desert action and it reminded me a bit of Indiana Jones.
      Trailer can be seen on Yahoo http://movies.yahoo.com/movies/feature/sahara
      html

      Nancy

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 22, 2005
        No, they made a movie from "Sahara." I've heard that he was unhappy with it and filed suit. Anyone know what the status of the suit is?

        Mark
        Is it Atlantis Found they are making into a movie?

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Get unlimited calls to

        U.S./Canada

      • Sean Ellis
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 22, 2005
          The suit is kind of in limbo right now. For one thing, the original production company has folded and a new company holds the reins. I believe the language of the suit was designed to halt production, which is obviously moot at this point.

          Clive has continued to express his disappointment with the treatment, but has at least given Matthew McConaughey a vote of confidence. I suspect he knows that the movie may not ne as bad as he fears, and is simply hedging his bets by not giving the appearance of total support.

          Sean

          CRACK THE CODE
          --The Clive Cussler Code-- Now available