Movie

  • Wolf Scott-Cohen
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 22, 2005
      Is it Atlantis Found they are making into a movie?
    • Wolf Scott-Cohen
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 22, 2005
        Thanks for the info. The cover does not look that good. Matthew
        McConaughey is not a good Pitt. Pitt is in his late forties.
        McConaughey is too young!!
      • motza68@y7mail.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 20, 2009
          Alright you guys, if you didn't like Sahara as a movie. What CC book
          would you like to be made into a movie. Me personally, I would like to
          see them make a version of Shock Wave as this is one of my favourites.
          I've lost count as to how many times I've read it.
        • BNMJEFF@AOL.COM
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 20, 2009
            The fact that no matter what book they make into a movie, wether it is a CC
            book or any other author, it is never going to live up to fans of the book's
            expectations. Nor if they made a movie that did stay faithful to the book
            would the movie make any $$. The reality is that the two worlds of fan desire and
            Hollywood $$ don't meet. Rarely if ever do books translate to the big screen
            in the intricate detail and intricacy of a written novel. Things like author
            ego (CC suffers from it) to Hollywood CGI mentality stand in the way of that
            happening.

            Most of CC's early books (IMHO his good ones..) would be 5-6 hour epics to
            get all the plot points, etc that would make a fan happy. And that would never
            happen....you want a true to the book screen adaptation...push for a mini
            series..or have Tom Hanks get HBO interested.......

            That said, my vote for screen adaptation would be "Night Probe"......
            **************Inauguration '09: Get complete coverage from the nation's
            capital.(http://www.aol.com?ncid=emlcntaolcom00000027)

          • Mark Hadlund
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 20, 2009
              There is enough plot in each novel to make two or three movies, perhaps up to four with the later ones. Once Hollywood realizes this, they might have a successful franchise. But I doubt it.

              Mark

              Alright you guys, if you didn't like Sahara as a movie. What CC book

              would you like to be made into a movie. Me personally, I would like to

              see them make a version of Shock Wave as this is one of my favourites.

              I've lost count as to how many times I've read it.

              __._,_.__

            • paula schaeffer
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 20, 2009
                I would like to see Pacific Vortex.

                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 21, 2009
                  hi mark i agre with you they should make a move series on mr. cc books .im reading chase right now i still have 6 more books before i start rereading them. and i have also got into the auduio bookr (awsum). steve

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 21, 2009
                    --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, steve
                    <cantflame_2000@...> wrote:

                    > hi mark i agre with you they should make a move series on mr. cc
                    books .im reading chase right now i still have 6 more books before i
                    start rereading them. and i have also got into the auduio bookr
                    (awsum). steve

                    did sahara, and i think he did a good job of it considering it was
                    his first one.so what if one or two carectors did not fit quite right
                    it,s the thought that counts.

                    > There is enough plot in each novel to make two or three movies,
                    perhaps up to four with the later ones. Once Hollywood realizes this,
                    they might have a successful franchise. But I doubt it.

                    > Mark
                    >
                    > --- On Tue, 1/20/09, motza68@y7mail. com <motza68@y7mail. com>
                    wrote:
                    > From: motza68@y7mail. com <motza68@y7mail. com>
                    > Subject: [Clive Cussler fan club] Movie
                    > To: clivecusslerfanclub @yahoogroups. com
                    > Date: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 3:46 AM
                    >
                    > Alright you guys, if you didn't like Sahara as a movie. What CC
                    book

                    > would you like to be made into a movie. Me personally, I would like
                    >
                    > see them make a version of Shock Wave as this is one of my
                    favourites.

                    > I've lost count as to how many times I've read it.
                    >
                    > __._,_.__

                  • Frank
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 22, 2009
                      After seeing "Sahara" on dvd, I found it as close to the storyline as
                      a 2 hour movie can get. The biggest problem is trying to fit a 500
                      page novel into a 150 -200 page screenplay.What is left out alot are
                      the details, which we all savor when we read the books. This drives
                      authors crazy because they tend to think that their entire story has
                      been ripped apart. With "Sahara" the only basic thing missing was the
                      Abraham Lincoln sideline.

                      Frank

                      --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "cantflame_2000"