AW: [Clive Cussler fan club] What do you read other than Clive Cussler?

  • Justin.Fog@t-online.de
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 16, 2005
      I read William W. Johnstone, have read all of Louis L'Amour's novels, have
      read all of Alistair MacLean's novels, like Jack Higgins / Harry Patterson,
      love mysteries by Rex Stout, Erle Stanley Gardner and Ellery Queen and
      Carter Brown. I am also a fan of men's adventure books / pulp fiction, and a
      long time and great fan of the Doc Savage books. I like the James Bond
      novels, but my most favourite next to Clive Cussler's books are the
      extraordinary "Modesty Blaise" novels by British author Peter O'Donnell.
      These novels were written in the Sixties and early Seventies. Peter
      O'Donnell has passed away long since, but his heroine Modesty Blaise along
      with knife-throwing expert Willie Garvin will live on. You'all should give
      it a try.

      Pete

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 16, 2005
        Many of the ones below including Preston & Childs, Crichton, Ludlum,
        Grisham, Johnstone, Nelson DeMille, Michael Cecilione, James Lee Burke,
        Stephen Coonts, Dale Brown, Dean Koontz, and F. Paul Wilson (men only on
        that list though the female list is equally long....) Oh and Jim Butcher.
        Paws Forever - Maggie
        Paws Forever Cocker Haven
        Maggie Deaton, Director
        www.pawsforever.com
        > My Favorite writers , Besides Cussler; are Jack Du
        > Brul, Lincoln Preston & Douglas Childs, Michael
        > Crichton, Robert Ludlum, Neil Gaiman, Tim Powers,
        > Robert McCammon, Terry Brooks. Also Grisham, Zane
        > Grey, William Johnstone, L'Amour, and Elmer Kelton.
        >
        > Jack Du Brul is really good. I f you like Cussler you
        > will definitely like his books.
        >
        > --- wask21 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        >

        >> What else do you read other than CC?
        >>
        >> It is a curious thing.
        >>
        >> Personally, I read my Bible (Im a youth pastor),
        >> Louis L'amour and
        >> Grisham are my other two big ones. I own probably
        >> 3/4 of the books
        >> that LL ever wrote. Working on getting the rest.
        >>
        >> I also like several other western writers as well.
        >>

        >> My dad reads everything so when my wife and I go in
        >> for holidays for
        >> vacation, I pick his brain as to what was good then
        >> raid his book
        >> collection. Its cheaper that way =)

      • Jerry Matthews
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 16, 2005
          I can't believe I forgot James Lee Burke, like the
          Dave Robichaux series. Also Vince Flynn and Tom
          Clancy.
          Joe R Lansdale is pretty good too, but some of his
          books are really graphic. I like the Hap and Leonard
          books, He wrote one of the strangest westerns I have
          ever read, it's called "The Magic Wagon".

        • Vash
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 17, 2005
            Hard SF like Peter F Hamilton, Stephen Baxter and Larry Niven.

            ~Vash ~

            What else do you read other than CC?
          • Ron Gardner
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 17, 2005
              Vash <vash@...> wrote:I enjoy Lee Child,Dean Koontz, Richard North Patteson, StephanCoonts,James Lee Burke, Robert Crais, Stephen Fry, and of course Tom Clancy.

              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 19, 2005
                has anybody read Tim Dorsey or Carl Hiaasen? if you want to read
                something that will make you laugh from cover to cover try those
                two. its a good break from the drama of C.C.
                baba