Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Steve Zahn = Bad Fit for Al

  • wask21
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 15, 2005
      Yeah, I was thinking of Louis L'amour. I think it is in every book he
      ever wrote! haha. There is even one of the Sackett trilogy that bears
      that name....

      LL is right there for #1 with Clive in my book... I could go on, but
      that is for another group... haha

      --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, Justin.Fog@t... wrote:
      > William W. Johnstone used that phrase very often. I love his books. He
      > passed away last April.
      >
      > I don't know if Louis L'Amour ever used that term...
      >
      > Pete

      Service.

    • Justin.Fog@t-online.de
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 15, 2005
        I entirely agree - Louis L'Amour is possibly the very best western writer
        ever, and his Sackett series is the best western series, closely followed by
        the William W. Johnstone western series.

        Pete

        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 16, 2005
          OK I got it, just went to Yahoo movies and saw it there. and I agree
          Zahn is a bad fit for Al. Al is a stocky Italian I think that was he
          was descibed in one if the books as a beer keg with arms and legs
          and just as strong. not a comedy sidekick but a man that would
          follow Dirk into a volcano with no questions asked and ready to back
          Dirk up in a fight or take the fight himself. but I will hold futher
          judgement till I see it on March 25th. but the script is one that CC
          did not approve of. but it has to be better than "Raise the Titanic"
          Baba

          wrote:
          > > William W. Johnstone used that phrase very often. I love his
          books. He
          > > passed away last April.
          > >
          > > I don't know if Louis L'Amour ever used that term...
          > >
          > > Pete

          Terms of