Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] SAHARA - Movie Trailer

  • Tim Hunt
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 14, 2005
      I bought the book today !

      Nancy Silk <silkwinddachs@...> wrote:Tim,
      Read the book first. Then you'll see that the movie did not do it justice.
      Clive himself is very disheartened about how that movie turned out. That's
      why he
      wanted more control in the making of Sahara. But I don't think he was able
      to control
      as much as he wanted. Read his books. You'll get hooked.

      Nancy in Utah with sunshine on the snow

      From: clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com
      Date: 01/13/05 16:38:43
      To: clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Clive Cussler fan club] SAHARA - Movie Trailer

      Watch this trailer and tell me what you think?

      Matthew McConehey (I know that isnt spelled right) doesnt sem as bad
      as it once did. Im afraid that Al thought is a bad casting job, but I
      dont want to pass judgement, we will have to wait and see.

      Check out the trailer here

      http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist
      dll?id=1314619&sdm=web&qtw=640&qth=400

      Post your comments here, at least we know it must be better than the
      original Raise the Titanic movie! Did anyone actually see that?

      MW

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 14, 2005
        That's great, Tim
        I buy a lot of books at extremely reasonable costs on www.half.com Great
        way to get a lot of books by one author.

        Nancy

        Watch this trailer and tell me what you think?

        Matthew McConehey (I know that isnt spelled right) doesnt sem as bad
        as it once did. Im afraid that Al thought is a bad casting job, but I
        dont want to pass judgement, we will have to wait and see.

        Check out the trailer here

        http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist
        dll?id=1314619&sdm=web&qtw=640&qth=400

        Post your comments here, at least we know it must be better than the
        original Raise the Titanic movie! Did anyone actually see that?

        MW

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/CkIolB/TM

      • lizard_tbone
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 14, 2005
          I rented the movie Titanic years and go and actually liked it. Not
          that I'm saying it was great, but it certainly wasn't the worst thing
          I've ever seen.

          As for who they chose for Al... I'll have to agree, they could have
          picked someone better. That is certainly not how I pictured Al. I'm
          thinking Italian and that guy certainly doesn't look like a muscled
          Italian.

          Also, that link posted for the Trailer, I kept getting a blank page.
          If people have that same problem, here's another link.
          http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/sahara/sahara_large.html

          Whether the movie is going to be good, great, or not, I'm just excited
          to see it done and can't wait to see it. Opening night, I will be there.

          --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, wask21 <no_reply@y...> wrote:

          > The book was GREAT! The movie was a little boring as I recall, I
          just caught it on late
          > night a couple years ago.
          >

          > --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, Tim Hunt <thuntt3@y...>
          wrote:
          > > So the movie "Raise the Titantic" was very borning ? The book was
          ok though ?

          > > Nancy Silk <silkwinddachs@c...> wrote:Great clip!
          > > Looks like it will be out late spring?
          > > Hints of Indiana Jones....
          > > Yes, I've got the move "Raise the Titanic" -- very long, very
          boring, but
          > > the sound track is wonderful.
          > > Found the sound track after about 8 yrs of looking!
          > >
          > > Nancy buried in 3 feet of snow in Utah

          Service.

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 16, 2005
            I have tried to download the trailer and all I get is sound no
            picture I tried both links that you guys sent me no luck, any ideas?
            I have read DuBrull very good, and DeMille is very good too. I like
            the ones with John Corey in them I saw he just came out with another
            one with Corey in it. I will put it on my list after "Black Wind"
            Baba

            --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, lizard_tbone